Welcome

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Grant Petty

Blackmagic Design

Welcome

PostWed Aug 22, 2012 12:42 am

Welcome to the Official Blackmagic Forum.

We have created this forum to allow people to communicate with each other and to learn and get advice from some of the wonderfully talented people who work in the television and film industries and take the time to post here.

We really want this forum to be respectful and friendly, so we have created some rules in the registration process to protect these forums from trolls and product vs product fights etc. While some people think fights on forums are entertaining, my feeling is what's better is a place that eliminates fights and just focuses on people helping each other to become more creative.

I think there is enough fighting and hate in the world, so lets just have the creativity here! Thats what we are trying to do.

I hope you can all help us achieve that. I hope you can use the knowledge posted here on these forums to save time and money and to learn more every day. After all its constant learning that makes life exciting.

Regards,

Grant
Blackmagic Design

juampi.david

Re: Welcome

PostWed Aug 22, 2012 4:06 am

Hi Grant! Nice to meet you!.

My name is Juan Pablo, i'm from Mar del Plata (Argentina).

I'm in charge of Multimedia Tech Support (including BMD) in one of your Official Dealers (MDP Sistemas Digitales).

A few months ago I made a "non-official" forum for spanish-users-only but it's off-line at now!. Even a Facebook Fan Page with early 150 likes!. I'll recommend this forum in my FanPage.

It's a wonderful place to feedback!!! great idea! :D

Paul Provost

PostWed Aug 22, 2012 6:33 am

Thanks for the forum guys.
"been a long time since we rock and roll"

Janaki

PostWed Aug 22, 2012 6:53 am

I am extremely excited about this new forum and getting the two Blackmagic Cinema cameras I ordered! Cannot wait to get them and push them to the limits!!

So awesome.

boscpug

PostWed Aug 22, 2012 6:55 am

Hi Grant,

Just a quick thank you for making this forum possible. This is yet another example of how I firmly believe you are leading the way and helping to change "our" world. I truly believe you will develop both a creative and constructive community here, and happy to be a part of it!

Hope to see you at some point again soon, Grant!

Dan
---
Daniel Bérubé
Co-Producer, SuperMeets
http://supermeet.com
---
Be a Part of It. BOSCPUG
Boston Creative Pro User Group
http://www.boscpug.org

chemi

PostWed Aug 22, 2012 9:32 am

Hello there Grant!

Just a quick few words to say thanks for all the great products & innovations you and your wonderful team have been putting into our hands!!

My name is Chemi Ferreiro and I'm the co-owner of a (very) small production house in Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain.

Started using a Decklink SP (most likely one of the first ones over here) waaaay back, to do a documentary series for a local TV station... Now we run a Decklink extreme HD 2 for our edit & CC work.

Being such a successful entrepreneur, is there any way I could email you directly with an idea for a project I'm putting together? Maybe you can give me some hints on how to go about getting it 'rolling'

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Chemi Ferreiro

BUNKER studio

John Moore

PostWed Aug 22, 2012 10:37 am

Thanks Grant,
Just when I was looking for a DaVinci Resolve forum et Voila ... an e-mail invite.
Fantastic thing to do.
Greatly appreciated
Best Wishes
John

pawel

PostWed Aug 22, 2012 1:12 pm

Hello Grant!

Its really great to see this forum getting started.
Ive been working on your devices for about 10 years and right now I think more then ever with such huge amount of new devices this forum will give a great tool for creativity and support for all of BMD customers.

best wishes!

--
Paweł Maziejuk
Technical Manager, MBS
http://www.mbspro.tv

Alan T

PostThu Aug 23, 2012 4:09 pm

Hello,

My name is Alan and I am the rental manger for a large production company, here in Orange County, CA.

Like others, I too, am awaiting arrival of our BMC. Can't wait. Saw it for the 1st time at InfoComm 2012 and was really impressed.

Thank you for getting this forum together. I look forward to being apart of the Black Magic community.

Aguilasalmon

PostThu Aug 23, 2012 5:25 pm

Hi Grant

Facundo am, I live in Mexico, and we are awaiting the BMC. Very excited and anxious. We hope to learn in this forum BMC detail. Greetings to all the team and congratulations for all the work.
Facundo S. Torrieri
www.bunuelos.com.mx
Buñuelos Comunidad Creativa

RamaRao

PostFri Aug 24, 2012 12:32 pm

Hey !

Thanks for starting forums here..

Yasser Amin

PostFri Aug 24, 2012 1:53 pm

Hi Grant

thank you for the invitation, great to see this forum getting started

am using your amazing product since 2004, Declink Extreme PCIX & Multibridge Extreme & DeckLink HD Extreme 3D and sure Davinci Resolve

Thanks

Yasser Amin
Editor & Colorist
Cairo-Egypt

Craig Campbell

PostSat Aug 25, 2012 11:19 am

Thanks Grant for setting this up, will be very useful for help and support, also to show what people are doing as well! Spent beginning of the year teaching Resolve 8 to Post Grad students and now they are all using if or the major projects, the images look amazing now and they love it. Looking forward to being involved here!

tommy mullins

PostSat Aug 25, 2012 11:20 am

Thanks to add this 'official' forum.

for those who may not know already, some good info can be found here: http://atemuser.com/ as well.
Las Vegas baby - The Entertainment Capitol of The World

William Ambrose

PostSat Aug 25, 2012 6:33 pm

When will you enforce real user names? Its always nice to share information with colleagues not xbox gamers.

bhook

PostSat Aug 25, 2012 6:38 pm

William Ambrose wrote:When will you enforce real user names? Its always nice to share information with colleagues not xbox gamers.

I would much rather reveal my real name in my sig than have my name and email harvested by some stoopid spambot. I hope my name in my sig will do. I also hesitate to reveal my company information. I noticed you neglected to do that too William. ;)

William Ambrose

PostSat Aug 25, 2012 8:15 pm

Thank for your reply Mark. I am used to the CML . We must use our Name, Title (DoP , DIT or Producer) and company or affiliation. Lets everyone know the background of the information.

William Ambrose
Digital Image Technician
Local 600
Dallas, Texas

Frank Broughton

PostTue Aug 28, 2012 4:01 pm

Hello all,

Grant, I love your vision for this forum. I run one like this for geocaching; bringing out creative juices, not fighting! Love it.

I am brand new in video production and looking to get my first video mixer for my ministry at the church I work for. Looking at the ATEM Television Studio, or perhaps a step up to the ATEM 1 M/E Production Switch.

Came here to learn more and see what unit is best for me.

Frank Broughton

Elvis Jr

PostSun Sep 02, 2012 5:59 am

like everyone else, hello grant!!

This is great, i really want to stay on top of all the latest news and what not for this, as with DSLR's i always felt like i was trying to catch up to the info (im still transcoding using mpeg stream clip and premiere csuite 4). Im excited to share ideas and tips in this community and look forward to 'working' with you all. =)

Filippo Guerra

PostMon Sep 03, 2012 6:46 am

Hi everyone, great idea this forum. Hope the community will grow to answer all the questions by the users and to keep up to date to every news from BLM!

Peter Lloyd Culley

PostFri Sep 07, 2012 1:46 am

To say I am creatively reinvigorated is an understatement! When my camera arrives I may not sleep for days. My girlfriend will hate you BLACKMAGIC.

I know little but enough to get really hurt.

Bob Walker

PostWed Sep 12, 2012 4:10 pm

Question - do Black Magic people answer questions here? Or is it just for customers to speak with each other?

bhook

PostWed Sep 12, 2012 5:24 pm

Bob Walker wrote:Question - do Black Magic people answer questions here? Or is it just for customers to speak with each other?

Just look for the names in green. ;)

Bob Walker

PostWed Sep 12, 2012 6:45 pm

mhood wrote:
Bob Walker wrote:Question - do Black Magic people answer questions here? Or is it just for customers to speak with each other?

Just look for the names in green. ;)

That doesn't really answer my question. I guess I wrote it badly.

I don't think they necessarily should regularly - it's great that they provide a forum - I just want to know what I should expect

I've posted 2 "can TVS do this" questions which I thought would have been easily answered by a Black Magic person; neither has been.

So I went back and reread the welcome and it dawned on me that they seem to think of the forum as not something they are going to spend much time in.

I'm really not trying to be all pissy or anything - I'm just trying learn about the forum and what I might expect to find here.

Terry Frechette

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Sep 13, 2012 4:23 pm

Bob:

Yup, we are here. We try to answer threads where it makes sense, but ideally we really want to let customers speak with other customers on the forum. If we see something that has not been answered in a reasonable amount of time we then jump in.

Though, for technical questions for a customer's specific product that requires a direct conversation with Blackmagic technical support, the official help line or email for your region is the place to go. You can find that info at www.blackmagicdesign.com.

Thanks.

Terry

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Sep 13, 2012 6:21 pm

Also i've just done a search for your threads (i've read your posts) and the posts in question seem to have been answered by the community very nicely (unless i'm missing something, and that is ENTIRELY possible as there are a lot to go through).

We are definitely involved in this forum, but it doesn't mean we can answer all posts, or that we even should. You'll find the community can answer a great many of the questions accurately.
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Bob Walker

PostFri Sep 14, 2012 2:59 am

>>by Joshua Helling »

Thanks for the response.

>>the posts in question seem to have been answered by the community

Nope, actually, 2 of 3 weren't answered at all.

Again, I'm just trying to figure out what I can reasonable expect here. I think I have my answer.

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Sep 14, 2012 7:25 pm

Odd...I searched for your name. But no problem at all. If you feel like it, shoot me a PM with the post links and I'll check them out.
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Nathan Macdonald

PostSun Sep 16, 2012 9:44 pm

Hello from down under,

I'm new to this site and want to say hello to all. I'll be on here most days now, I'm keen to meet and get ideas from everyone.

Cheers.

Bob Walker

PostTue Sep 18, 2012 2:50 pm

These are the questions I could really use answers to

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=844

Return to Getting Started