Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Pasting Keyframes

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

CurtisI

Pasting Keyframes

PostTue Mar 12, 2019 4:21 am

This is a fairly simple question. I know I can go and copy the settings and paste them in transform. Thus, if I have an image rotate and move across the screen, I can put the same trajectory, etc, at a later point with a different image, by pasting these properties in the keyframe "Transform". Here's the issue: the time is now off. I can go and try to manually drag some bars in the graph that represents the keyframes, but that doesn't seem to work. Is it possible to have Davinci proportionally adjust the keyframes, such as that halfway through a scene it does the same thing as it did halfway through another scene. Or is there a way I can apply an offset? Or can I manually go and edit the values myself, so at least they aren't so messy? I would like to know if there is any solution to this, since it would save a lot of time over manually trying to recreate the effect in advance. Thanks for any help in advance.

xunile

Re: Pasting Keyframes

PostTue Mar 12, 2019 4:19 pm

CurtisI wrote:This is a fairly simple question. I know I can go and copy the settings and paste them in transform. Thus, if I have an image rotate and move across the screen, I can put the same trajectory, etc, at a later point with a different image, by pasting these properties in the keyframe "Transform". Here's the issue: the time is now off. I can go and try to manually drag some bars in the graph that represents the keyframes, but that doesn't seem to work. Is it possible to have Davinci proportionally adjust the keyframes, such as that halfway through a scene it does the same thing as it did halfway through another scene. Or is there a way I can apply an offset? Or can I manually go and edit the values myself, so at least they aren't so messy? I would like to know if there is any solution to this, since it would save a lot of time over manually trying to recreate the effect in advance. Thanks for any help in advance.

Are you talking about the Edit tab or the Fusion tab?
Win 10 Home | Intel i7 - 10700f 64 GB 1 TB GB SSD 2 TB SSD
RTX-3060 12 GB | Resolve Studio 18.6.6| Fusion Studio 18.6.6

Win 10 Home | Intel Core I7-7700HQ 32 GB 1 TB NVME SSD 1 TB SATA SSD
GTX-1060-6GB | Resolve 17.4.6

CurtisI

PostWed Mar 13, 2019 12:40 am

Fusion. Though if there's an interesting answer for "Edit", I would be willing to hear it too. But I am working currently in Fusion with this. I'd be interested in learning the most efficient solution for this, since I hope I don't have to manually repeat the same thing every time.

CurtisI

PostWed Mar 13, 2019 12:48 am

I'm trying T-offset at the moment, but I feel perhaps I could get something more efficient, particularly as I am slightly guessing on the numbers. Is there anything more efficient? Perhaps not, but if there is anything, I wouldn't mind learning of it. I always am interesting in learning the best way to do something, particularly if it takes a lot of manual time otherwise.

xunile

PostWed Mar 13, 2019 2:24 am

CurtisI wrote:Fusion. Though if there's an interesting answer for "Edit", I would be willing to hear it too. But I am working currently in Fusion with this. I'd be interested in learning the most efficient solution for this, since I hope I don't have to manually repeat the same thing every time.

When you talk about copying and pasting keyframes in "Transform", are you talking about a Transform node or the Transform tab, say like in the Text+ node?

Have you tried using the Time Stretch button on the lower left of the Keyframes window? It looks like 2 arrows pointing left and right. After you copy the keyframes and paste them to a different part of your Timeline you select the keyframes you pasted, then you can use the Time Stretch to proportionally shrink or increase the overall time of the keyframes. Sometimes you just have to manually adjust the keyframes to line them up just the way you want.
Attachments
2019-03-12 (5).png
2019-03-12 (5).png (548.87 KiB) Viewed 2391 times

CurtisI

PostThu Mar 14, 2019 2:57 am

That sounds like a very interesting method. I'll try that in the future when this comes up again. That probably would be more efficient. I tried your second option for this job, just highlighting all of it and dragging it. Not quite precise, but it worked. Thanks.

xunile

PostThu Mar 14, 2019 3:33 am

CurtisI wrote:That sounds like a very interesting method. I'll try that in the future when this comes up again. That probably would be more efficient. I tried your second option for this job, just highlighting all of it and dragging it. Not quite precise, but it worked. Thanks.

You're welcome.

Sam Steti

PostThu Mar 14, 2019 5:09 pm

Hey,

I may (pprobably actually) have misunderstood, but why not using the same nodes to perform the same actions again ?
*MacMini M1 16 Go - Ext nvme SSDs on TB3 - 14 To HD in 2 x 4 disks USB3 towers
*Legacy MacPro 8core Xeons, 32 Go ram, 2 x gtx 980 ti, 3SSDs including RAID
*Resolve Studio everywhere, Fusion Studio too
*https://www.buymeacoffee.com/videorhin

jordi0m

Copying 3D Camera Movement Between Shots

PostSun Jun 16, 2019 10:53 pm

I'm having a similarly sourced problem, I think:

I'm scanning 3D movement of the camera in a scene to attach a 3D text to the wall of the scene and have it move perfectly like it was originally part of the wall.
Problem is, I wanted to remove a sign that was already on that spot on the wall, and the best way I figured out to do it was using the object removal in the color tab on the original clip, export, import that as the source clip for the Fusion composition and then add the camera tracking that I had done already on the original clip and then since the shot was essentially the same, the same camera movement and 3D model of the scene would all work.
In theory, it's pretty simple. Same shot and camera movement so I just copy and paste the nodes from shot to shot, reconnect, done. Well.. No.
For some reason, the keyframing of each node just doesn't copy and paste, so the node structure is the same, but the 3D model of the scene just doesn't move, because all of the data I got from the camera tracker that I then exported to make the 3D scene, just isn't copying properly so it's doing nothing and doesn't move. No 3D scene movement, no title attached to anything.

I would do it again, but it was a huge pain in the ass to manually keyframe and mask around moving things for the camera tracking and I really don't want to do it again.

If anyone knows how I can copy this from shot to shot and have it work, I'd love you so much.

Thanks a lot.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 12.51.32 AM.jpg
Sign removed, 3D scene data not copying properly
Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 12.51.32 AM.jpg (763.67 KiB) Viewed 1934 times
Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 12.50.19 AM.jpg
Original shot with working tracking
Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 12.50.19 AM.jpg (679.59 KiB) Viewed 1934 times

Frank Feijen

PostMon Jun 17, 2019 5:55 pm

I see that the frame range between the 2 screengrabs differs. Could it be that your keyframes still exist, but on the 'wrong' frames?

Return to Fusion