Displaycal Measurement Patch not Embedding into Resolve

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

MikeMeagher

Displaycal Measurement Patch not Embedding into Resolve

PostSun Mar 17, 2019 2:54 pm

I'm attempting to calibrate my external BENQ SW27 10bit HDMI 4K Grading reference monitor connected via a Decklink Mini Monitor 4K using DisplacCal and a SPyder4. FYI, the BENQ reference monitor properly works with DR via Decklink Mini Monitor 4K as expected so far.

I have the updated to the latest DisplayCal version 3.7.1.4 and latest DR Studio 15.3. Latest version of Desktop Video 11

After setting up DisplayCal, In DR, I go to the Workspace, Monitor Calibration, Spectralcal Calman. In the DR popup window I enter the noted IP address of my external monitor, and the DR generated popup window says "connected", however the generated Measurement patch area is NOT integrated into the COLOR preview area as expected. The target patch is instead shown as a separate OS level floating window, in a separate window. The patch should be integrated into the DR Color page display, so that it is displated via the Decklink MinMonitor4K on my BENQ reference display.. in order to continue with the Spyder sensor placement and calibration.

Any suggestions? Can anyone else replicate this with the latest DR and Displaycal?

I've insured that in the DR Preferences Video I/O, "Release video I/O hardware ..." focus setting is unchecked. I have set the same resolution and frame rate for both the resolve GUI monitor and the grading monitor.
Mike Meagher Filmmaker
Win10 64 pro I7 6core ASUS X99 64 GB RAM
M.2 system drive.
2x SSDs in Raid0 cache.
3x 7200 HHDs in raid0 as video source storage
Two EVGA1080TI cards 422.19 Studio
Decklink MiniM 15.1 4K HDMI to BENQ WS271
Resolve 16.1 studio

MikeMeagher

Re: Displaycal Measurement Patch not Embedding into Resolve

PostSun Mar 17, 2019 7:08 pm

I got it to work: Lets just say that the interaction between DisplayCal and Resolve is a bit buggy. I found that I had to full screen enlarge the separately floating target patch, then reduce its size, then by some lucky sequence of steps, clicking ok, then to begin the calibrtion, only then the Resolve color screen displayed the calibration patch.
Sort of odd, but it finally came on.
Mike Meagher Filmmaker
Win10 64 pro I7 6core ASUS X99 64 GB RAM
M.2 system drive.
2x SSDs in Raid0 cache.
3x 7200 HHDs in raid0 as video source storage
Two EVGA1080TI cards 422.19 Studio
Decklink MiniM 15.1 4K HDMI to BENQ WS271
Resolve 16.1 studio

Return to DaVinci Resolve