Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Arabic text problem in Fusion 9

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

realgugabyte

Arabic text problem in Fusion 9

PostTue Oct 09, 2018 3:01 pm

hi
i tried to type Arabic in Fusion 9 example مَن but the letters don't join together
Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_3.png (7.99 KiB) Viewed 7715 times

Bryan Ray

Re: Arabic text problem in Fusion 9

PostTue Oct 09, 2018 5:00 pm

Correct ligature display depends on the font you use. In a quick test of the fonts on my system, only Calibri both showed a ligature and displayed the glyphs.

I think the font you're using actually does have the ligature, but it's on top of the right-hand character.
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

Ziggy Uszkurat

PostWed Oct 10, 2018 9:07 am

Unfortunately, whatever font you use, Fusion doesn't know how to correctly render Arabic. There is a python script that renders Arabic correctly, but I haven't had time to look at making it work in Fusion.

Here's the link:

https://github.com/mpcabd/python-arabic-reshaper

Best wishes
Ziggy

George Deierling

PostWed Oct 10, 2018 11:06 pm

Been there... the only way I found to render Arabic correctly was Word, then export to PDF and import into Photoshop.

realgugabyte

PostMon Oct 22, 2018 4:21 pm

i guessed to do a png

George Deierling wrote:Been there... the only way I found to render Arabic correctly was Word, then export to PDF and import into Photoshop.

realgugabyte

PostMon Oct 22, 2018 4:23 pm

weird cos resolve does

Ziggy Uszkurat wrote:Unfortunately, whatever font you use, Fusion doesn't know how to correctly render Arabic. There is a python script that renders Arabic correctly, but I haven't had time to look at making it work in Fusion.

Here's the link:

https://github.com/mpcabd/python-arabic-reshaper

Best wishes
Ziggy

Suhaib Siddiqi

PostMon Oct 22, 2018 5:40 pm

realgugabyte wrote:hi
i tried to type Arabic in Fusion 9 example مَن but the letters don't join together
The attachment Screenshot_3.png is no longer available

Resolve does support Arabic fonts. You need to install the Arabic Keyboard and fonts.
Urdu fonts and keyboard should work too because Urdu uses similar fonts.
Free keyboard and fonts are available at http://www.deedahwar.net/%DA%88%D8%A7%D9%88%D9%97%D9%86-%D9%84%D9%88%DA%88 for download.
Attachments
resolve arabic.png
resolve arabic.png (123 KiB) Viewed 7600 times

realgugabyte

PostMon Oct 22, 2018 6:45 pm

Suhaib Siddiqi wrote:
realgugabyte wrote:hi
Screenshot_3.png

Resolve does support Arabic fonts. You need to install the Arabic Keyboard and fonts.
Urdu fonts and keyboard should work too because Urdu uses similar fonts.
Free keyboard and fonts are available at http://www.deedahwar.net/%DA%88%D8%A7%D9%88%D9%97%D9%86-%D9%84%D9%88%DA%88 for download.

i know resolve does, i'm talking about fusion tho

Suhaib Siddiqi

PostMon Oct 22, 2018 8:47 pm

realgugabyte wrote:

Sorry, Fusion 9 does not. Can you not import Fusion comp into Resolve 15.x, work on Arabic Text then export it back to Fusion from DR 15? Fusion 9 dongle let's you use Resolve Studio 15.

realgugabyte

PostWed Oct 24, 2018 8:48 pm

Suhaib Siddiqi wrote:
realgugabyte wrote:

Sorry, Fusion 9 does not. Can you not import Fusion comp into Resolve 15.x, work on Arabic Text then export it back to Fusion from DR 15? Fusion 9 dongle let's you use Resolve Studio 15.

i don't know if i understood you 100% but i have an idea now

Suhaib Siddiqi

PostThu Oct 25, 2018 3:58 pm

realgugabyte wrote:
Suhaib Siddiqi wrote:
realgugabyte wrote:

i don't know if i understood you 100% but i have an idea now

Import the saved Fusion 9 project in Davinci Resolve Studio 15.1.2. It opens Fusion projects. Go to Fusion tab and work on the Arabic text, then either finish your rest of the Fusion project in Davinci Resolve Studio 15.1.2 or export it back to Fusion 9. Your Fusion 9 dongle lets you use Davinci Resolve 15.1.2 without a separate licensing. Fusion had been integrated into Davinci Resolve 15.x.x. It is a free upgrade for Davinci Resolve 14 as well as Fusion 9 users.

Michael Wolf

PostMon Nov 05, 2018 5:33 pm

I think the main issue here is that Fusion renders the text as separate characters, since you can animate every character separately as well.
And this doesn't allow the font renderer to use ligatures (since it only knows about a single character at a time) - which are nice to have in Latin alphabets, but crucial in languages such as Arabic.

Cheers,
Mike
Michael Wolf - db&w GbR
http://www.db-w.com

rahul_ar

PostFri Feb 22, 2019 1:14 pm

Michael Wolf wrote:I think the main issue here is that Fusion renders the text as separate characters, since you can animate every character separately as well.
And this doesn't allow the font renderer to use ligatures (since it only knows about a single character at a time) - which are nice to have in Latin alphabets, but crucial in languages such as Arabic.

Cheers,
Mike

Hi,

Any workaround for this problem other than importing the text as png or pdf?

I wish an update will give this as an optional feature to make life easy when working with some Indian languages in fusion!

Thanks in advance!

narrsam

PostMon Mar 18, 2019 8:36 am

Suhaib Siddiqi wrote:Import the saved Fusion 9 project in Davinci Resolve Studio 15.1.2. It opens Fusion projects. Go to Fusion tab and work on the Arabic text, then either finish your rest of the Fusion project in Davinci Resolve Studio 15.1.2 or export it back to Fusion 9. Your Fusion 9 dongle lets you use Davinci Resolve 15.1.2 without a separate licensing. Fusion had been integrated into Davinci Resolve 15.x.x. It is a free upgrade for Davinci Resolve 14 as well as Fusion 9 users.

Fusion within Davinci Resolve 15 still have the same problem. I hope this can be resolved in the next update.
BTW, Adobe products have an option in the preferences to activate support for RTL languages like Arabic and Hebrew, maybe this can be mimicked in Resolve.

Mohammad Ali

PostTue Mar 19, 2019 8:55 pm

It is really weird in Resolve 15 the text+ can write Arabic perfectly in the edit page but in the fusion page the text+ node doesn't write arabic correctly.

Hope this will لاe fixed in the next update

narrsam

PostThu Mar 21, 2019 5:28 am

Until this is "Resolved" (pun intended), I found a workaround by using this website, it was created to solve the problem for old versions of Adobe products:

www (dot) arabic-keyboard (dot) org (slash) photoshop-arabic
(had to write it like this cuz I'm not allowed to post urls?!!!!)

Just write the text in the upper box and use the copy button to copy it to clipboard, and then paste it in your fusion text node (this is where I've tested it, not sure if it works in all places). If you see some gibberish letters try changing the font, some Arabic fonts work better than others.

Bryan Ray

PostSun Mar 24, 2019 1:16 am

Linking in a solution:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=88021
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

Return to Fusion