Connecting multiple cameras via bluetooth

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

DeddyII

Connecting multiple cameras via bluetooth

PostWed Mar 13, 2019 11:35 am

Hello,

I have few URSA Mini Pro cameras. I have looked into sample iOS application they are providing.
My question is: is someone successfully connected more than one camera via Bluetooth?

My main goal is to start recording on more than one camera from application. I think I can rewrite UI and so, but at the moment I m struggling with connections.

I assume it is possible, but as I m not so confident in Swift, I wanted to know, maybe someone already have tried it?

Firedan1176

Re: Connecting multiple cameras via bluetooth

PostThu Mar 21, 2019 1:05 am

I'm not 100% sure, but following the bluetooth protocol here:

https://documents.blackmagicdesign.com/ ... ontrol.pdf

if you send hex values over bluetooth, the first value should be the camera index you would want to trigger the command on. I would assume you'd just have to iterate over which indices you'd want to trigger (camera 1-5, trigger on 0x01, 0x02, 0x03, 0x04, 0x05).

It also mentions that you can simply pass a value of 255 (0xFF) to trigger all connected devices. I've successfully been able to get both 0x01 and 0xFF to trigger my pocket 4k from early testing

Return to Software Developers