Script to fill/make a Text/Text+ feild with data from csv?

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Robbin Brown

Script to fill/make a Text/Text+ feild with data from csv?

PostWed Mar 27, 2019 10:21 pm

Is it possible to Generate a Text/Text+ field and populate the text with data from a csv or text?
I have thousands of clips and each one needs to have the corresponding data places in a text or Text+ area

The lay outs are all the same, i simply have thousand of clips and a csv corresponding to each clip with the data. The layouts are all Identical. But sizing w text can be bothersome some times as a field will need to be adjusted cause the word may be to long.

It would save me hours a day to be able to create/populates the text fields with all the corresponding data per clip

Shrinivas Ramani

Blackmagic Design

Re: Script to fill/make a Text/Text+ feild with data from cs

PostMon Apr 01, 2019 11:53 am

Convert to an SRT and use the subtitle feature

iddos-l

Re: Script to fill/make a Text/Text+ feild with data from cs

PostTue Apr 02, 2019 10:09 am

Hi

Its possible to create Text+ Templates (macros) and fill in the data by script, like shown in this youtube video titled:
"DaVinci Resolve Fusion Titles" by Igor Riđanović which he also link a github to the source code.

You will end up with lots of new titles in the menu, so not sure if these is much help. But it will solve the manual typing work.

For reading the csv file to fill the data into the macro I can try and write a python script to do that if you are interested in that sort of thing.
Will need to have the csv file first and I cant promise a deadline though...

Cheers,

Iddos

Return to Software Developers