Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Is it still possible to save View Layouts in Fusion 16?

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

daniel.partzsch

Is it still possible to save View Layouts in Fusion 16?

PostMon Apr 15, 2019 9:00 am

Is it still possible to save View Layouts in Fusion 16? I can't find the entry in the Window menu anymore but according to the product page it's supposed to be possible...? Thanks!

Abdelrahman Magdy

Re: Is it still possible to save View Layouts in Fusion 16?

PostMon Apr 15, 2019 10:14 am

First of all, I would say ignore the product page for now as it still seems to have some information related to Fusion 9. As for the view layouts, I personally couldn't find a way to save or switch view layouts. However, the installation folder of Fusion 16 still has a Layouts folder in which you can find the same default layouts that you used to find in Fusion 9.

Is that a case of just Fusion 16 carrying some things from Fusion 9 that will probably be removed once Fu16 is out of beta? Or do we still have the ability to switch layouts in Fu16? Personally, I think, currently, we don't have that option, but, since we don't seem to be able to switch layouts from the UI, the only way to test this is if there is a way to switch layouts from the console.

Not sure if this is possible or not. Someone with more Fusion experience can help us.
System specs:
Resolve Studio version: 16.1.0.055
Fusion Studio version: 9.0.2
CPU: Intel i7-4790k 4GHz Quad-Core
RAM: 32GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 1080 Ti 11GB

Sander de Regt

Re: Is it still possible to save View Layouts in Fusion 16?

PostMon Apr 15, 2019 9:21 pm

As far as I know you can't change view layouts in the current beta. To create a version as stable as possible for the first release, this feature was disabled. If you want a more customizable UI please be vocal and specific about it, so that BMD will hear you and decide what and how to implement these changes.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Return to Fusion