BMPCC4k Shipping?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

AdamTaylor

BMPCC4k Shipping?

PostFri Apr 12, 2019 11:34 am

Its six months since the pinned update at the top of the forum was last updated.

Please can someone at Blackmagic publish some info regarding when back orders will be filled?

My reseller (jigsaw24.com) have been unable to get any info at all regarding when the camera will be shipped. I need to be able to plan work around having the camera, so without a date or even a hint of a possible date, I'm in a state of limbo!

please give some useful info BM! not just the usual marketing waffle ('we're working hard to fulfil expectations!")

Gavin_c_clark

Re: BMPCC4k Shipping?

PostFri Apr 12, 2019 12:37 pm

Give scan a call- I pre ordered with them back in September and had the camera in November.

My cvp pre order from last April (or May can’t remember) came into stock about six weeks ago.

rick.lang

PostFri Apr 12, 2019 2:16 pm

Adam, I share your frustration, but when demand still exceeds supply, it’s very difficult for BMD to answer your request. It would make quite a bell curve to plot demand minus supply over time in the last year!

Rather than the curve resemble a bell, it’s likely a tall slide in a child’s playground. A steep decline would be nice for customers, but I’ll bet it’s still a gentle grade that even a retiree could risk sliding down slowly! So maybe BMD could at least say they are on the essentially straight slope of the slide or are they on the part of the slide that flattens out near the bottom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rick Lang

James Harkness

PostSat Apr 13, 2019 12:33 am

Agreed I came to the forum for this exact reason, to see any updates on shipping of new orders.

Swissified

PostSat Apr 13, 2019 5:22 am

Well I am now 4th after being ninth in the queue but my dealer is not given any information. So when I ask them they just laugh and say we know no more than you! I hope to have it by July for a trip of a lifetime. I ordered it many, many months ago with that trip in mind.

It's all feeling a bit like a sick joke on customers, but I keep on hoping and praying that it comes with enough time for me to get used to it.

I have a horrible feeling BMPCC4K mk II will be announced before I receive my by then out of date Pocket 4K. I originally ordered a couple of months after it was announced and waited 6 months then I cancelled the pre-order. Waited 3 months, kept reading great things about this marvel of a camera so made a new pre-order and again I am at close to 6 months wait again.

If Blackmagic are this bad at ramping up to meet demand, I have to say I am already wondering what it will be like when things aren't right and one needs warranty repairs. This is starting to give me grave doubts of the seriousness of the company.
Last edited by Swissified on Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fabián Aguirre

PostSat Apr 13, 2019 5:30 am

Our second pocket was shipped today from Adorama. We placed this particular order 11 days ago. Try there. They are quickly catching up on orders.

Cheers,

Fabián
Fabián Aguirre
Cinematographer / Steadicam Operator
www.theunderstory.co

Swissified

PostSat Apr 13, 2019 5:37 am

Fabián Aguirre wrote:Our second pocket was shipped today from Adorama. We placed this particular order 11 days ago. Try there. They are quickly catching up on orders.

Cheers,

Fabián

My problem is I live in Switzerland. No way would I order from an American company to have to pay the charges for importation.

MikeMeagher

PostMon Apr 15, 2019 3:27 am

Swissified wrote:
Fabián Aguirre wrote:Our second pocket was shipped today from Adorama. We placed this particular order 11 days ago. Try there. They are quickly catching up on orders.

Cheers,

Fabián

I shall NOT order again from Adorama. I waited a month for my camera, was all excited when I received my BMPCC4K, only to my dismay discovered that I was shipped a previously used camera. It had several nicks and dings, very dusty, one small corroded screw head on the camera, and what also appeared to be salt crystal deposits in several areas. I shipped it back for a refund and have ordered from Markertek in the US that claims will be shipping in about 2 weeks.
Mike Meagher Filmmaker
Win10 64 pro I7 6core ASUS X99 64 GB RAM
M.2 system drive.
2x SSDs in Raid0 cache.
3x 7200 HHDs in raid0 as video source storage
Two EVGA1080TI cards 422.19 Studio
Decklink MiniM 15.1 4K HDMI to BENQ WS271
Resolve 16.1 studio

Swissified

PostMon Apr 15, 2019 4:57 am

This could happen of course with any dealer. Another powerful reason not to buy over the intenet unseen or from another country. The only way for me to buy such is through a store where I get to see the item is in full working order and brand new.

I will buy other cheaper items unseen from the internet but not the more expensive items.

Swissified

PostMon Apr 15, 2019 3:03 pm

I hardly believe my luck! I had a missed call, I can collect my very own BMPCC4K this week! I so look forward to that and I can get used to it in the months before we go away.

rick.lang

BMPCC4k Shipping?

PostMon Apr 15, 2019 3:47 pm

It seems the posts about cameras arriving are beginning to catch up to the posts about waiting for cameras. Has to be a good sign the playground slide ‘bell curve’ is leveling shortly.

Rick Lang

Jaroslaw Frybes

PostTue Apr 23, 2019 7:28 pm

rick.lang wrote:It seems the posts about cameras arriving are beginning to catch up to the posts about waiting for cameras. Has to be a good sign the playground slide ‘bell curve’ is leveling shortly.

No Rick. Many of us just don't want to write about backlog of preorders if BlackMagic does nothing with it. I'm still waiting for my October preorder from cyfrowarepublika.pl in Poland. Nothing has changed since my last post 2 months ago. Ooo sorry, thread has been banned by BlackMagic, that;s what changed. I will not recommend their products anymore.
MacOS Catalina 10.15.7
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019), 2,3 GHz 8 core Intel Core i9, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4,
AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB + Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
UltraStudio Mini Monitor + BENQ PD2700U

rick.lang

PostTue Apr 23, 2019 8:30 pm

Jaroslaw, we understand your frustration. BMD just can’t be confused with a camera behemoth that has been selling cameras for decades. It’s an ‘acquired taste’ so initially may not be appealing to everyone. But when most get accustomed to it, it tastes very good.

I’m not pulling my hair out (well most of it’s gone anyway) and keeping busy with the tools I have, but with Spring finally here, it’s not easy to be patient.

Rick Lang

Boardpig

PostTue Apr 30, 2019 1:22 am

I totally understand this, I had around 4 on order from all over the place and the one I got in March I had ordered in October the previous year. I will say though that it is worth waiting for, (easy to say when you have one) the results you can get out of it can be quite something!

Alex.

Rrrbbb

PostTue Apr 30, 2019 1:54 pm

We preordered 2 more from 3D Broadcast in London a month ago and they came in stock today, things are speeding up it seems...

Denny Smith

PostWed May 01, 2019 2:35 am

Rick, you need to check with your dealer to be sure they have your camera still on order. You should have gotten one by now.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

rick.lang

PostWed May 01, 2019 3:27 am

I’ll send my rep a note.

Rick Lang

Chris Leutger

PostWed May 01, 2019 5:24 am

I just got a note today from B&H saying that I'm SOL. I didn't preorder, just asked for stock notifications. I don't want to buy one until they're "In Stock." I don't want to open myself to the way down low, Preorder Resentment Blues. It's fine, I got nothing on the boards that I'm itching to film. At this point, I mainly want to get a full Resolve license to see if I can switch from Premiere.
Amateur Auteur

AMD 7800X3d 8c 5 GHz - GSkill DDR5-6000 (EXPO) 32x2
Nvidia 1080 Ti 8GB - WD SN850x 2 TB
Resolve 18.5 - Ubuntu 22.04

Charlie Frearson

ACTUAL Release date for BMPCC4K?

PostThu May 02, 2019 9:51 pm

Hi,

Is anyone aware of when the BMPCC4K will actually be released? By this I mean when will it actually be possible to buy the bloody thing? I check every month or so and nowhere ever seems to get any stock.

Thanks,
Charlie

rick.lang

PostFri May 03, 2019 1:59 am

Charlie, some places get more cameras than they have committed customer orders. So once in a while, someone gets lucky and has a camera in a week or three. Other places have more customer preorders than cameras and those people wait so long I cannot tell you because you don’t want to see grown men cry!

The 64€ question: “When will deliveries catch up to the preorders?” I think we thought that preorders would be filled before NAB 2019, but alas. No. Maybe that’s why BMD took a pass on introducing a new camera at NAB 2019, although they did release a new version of their flagship camera line, the URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2.

Rick Lang

Denny Smith

PostFri May 03, 2019 3:39 pm

The cameras are shipping, but demand far exceeds supply at this time.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Charlie Frearson

PostFri May 03, 2019 4:49 pm

rick.lang wrote:Charlie, some places get more cameras than they have committed customer orders. So once in a while, someone gets lucky and has a camera in a week or three. Other places have more customer preorders than cameras and those people wait so long I cannot tell you because you don’t want to see grown men cry!

The 64€ question: “When will deliveries catch up to the preorders?” I think we thought that preorders would be filled before NAB 2019, but alas. No. Maybe that’s why BMD took a pass on introducing a new camera at NAB 2019, although they did release a new version of their flagship camera line, the URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2.

It's all well and good. I understand Blackmagic aren't a huge company but I would have thought they would have reached the point of not having to crowdfund production, which is what they are still doing technically. This type of release just rubs me the wrong way. I could be way off base but as far as i'm concerned, the camera is yet to be released.

Chris Shivers

PostSat May 04, 2019 1:19 am

rick.lang wrote:Charlie, some places get more cameras than they have committed customer orders. So once in a while, someone gets lucky and has a camera in a week or three. Other places have more customer preorders than cameras and those people wait so long I cannot tell you because you don’t want to see grown men cry!

Have you received your pocket 4K yet

rick.lang

PostSat May 04, 2019 5:01 am

Not yet; I emailed my contact on Monday and haven’t received the courtesy of a reply. But that’s likely because they’re not being told when their next shipment is arriving.

Rick Lang

carlomacchiavello

PostSat May 04, 2019 6:41 am

Swissified wrote:

Cheers,

Fabián

My problem is I live in Switzerland. No way would I order from an American company to have to pay the charges for importation.

We in Italy pay more like importing also if we buy from Italian reseller, between Iva and more taxes. Nothing different from buy from most USA reseller. I bought mine from a small reseller in German and in a two weeks I had a camera.
You must be lucky.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

John Brawley

PostSat May 04, 2019 11:33 pm

Charlie Frearson wrote:I understand Blackmagic aren't a huge company but I would have thought they would have reached the point of not having to crowdfund production, which is what they are still doing technically.

How so ?

JB
John Brawley ACS
Cinematographer
Currently - Los Angeles

JimmyBeveridge

PostSun May 05, 2019 5:30 pm

I ordered my BMPCC4k from BnH on April 25, 2019 and it shipped May 3. That seems like a reasonable time frame to me.
Jimmy

Denny Smith

PostSun May 05, 2019 6:06 pm

Charlie, BMD does not get any money for its retailers in advance of orders, they only get “paid” when they deliver the cameras, and most invoices are 30-day FOB, so pre-sales only benefits the retailer, if they collect a deposit, which the big dealers do not do. So this is not crowdfunding, where you pay first, and then may, or may not, even get the item.
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

ricardo marty

PostMon May 06, 2019 12:48 am

BMD is a solid 300 million dollar a year company. They don't need crowdfunding for anything. I'm sure banks are offering them money all the time.

Ricardo Marty
DVR_S 18.5, Asus ProArt PD5, 2.5 GHz i7 16-Core 64GB of 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM GeForce RTX 3070 1TB M.2 NVMe Window 11, LenovoLegion 2.6 i7 10750h 2.6, 64gb 3200mhz, rtx 2060, 1tb ssd M.2 Win 11 BenQ PD3420Q, Sony FS700R, Bmp4k, Sony A6700. PreSonus AudioBox

JohnnyG

PostMon May 06, 2019 7:50 pm

Hi,
B&H just told me that the next shipment will be in september. That is a long time waiting!

Adam Silver

PostMon May 06, 2019 11:07 pm

So, I'm out in Pittsburgh on a shoot. I decided it would be great to have a second Pocket 4K. I call a place close to Pittsburgh called Three Rivers Video. They had one in stock. Lucky!

Craig Seeman

PostMon May 06, 2019 11:33 pm

JohnnyG wrote:Hi,
B&H just told me that the next shipment will be in september. That is a long time waiting!

I doubt that given there are several reports that the wait is between two to three weeks. This on their own Q&A list for the product.

JohnnyG

PostTue May 07, 2019 1:21 am

Craig Seeman wrote:

I doubt that given there are several reports that the wait is between two to three weeks. This on their own Q&A list for the product.

I hope the technical support was all wrong. I am just asking to be surprised ;)

I just sold my GH5 to get back in blackmagic.

My tough of gh5? biggest mistake of my short cinematographer career :P

Swissified

PostTue May 07, 2019 5:30 am

ricardo marty wrote:BMD is a solid 300 million dollar a year company. They don't need crowdfunding for anything. I'm sure banks are offering them money all the time.Ricardo Marty

Well I received mine in April. Almost a year after the first announcement. They may well be a solid company, but if I were in management I would make sure that the next model is not announced WELL before the flood of orders is received.

It is a darn good camera and I am loving using it, but I almost gave up waiting. Others sadly are still waiting and that isn't good publicity for the company.

Adam Silver

PostTue May 07, 2019 5:53 am

Swissified wrote:Well I received mine in April. Almost a year after the first announcement. They may well be a solid company, but if I were in management I would make sure that the next model is not announced WELL before the flood of orders is received.

It is a darn good camera and I am loving using it, but I almost gave up waiting. Others sadly are still waiting and that isn't good publicity for the company.

When and where did you order your camera? Did you order it last April, and it took a year? I ordered from B&H in April 2018 a few weeks after the announcement. It was just about May. The camera slowly started to ship in late September. I received mine in November 2018.

Swissified

PostTue May 07, 2019 9:04 am

Adam Silver wrote:
Swissified wrote:Well I received mine in April. Almost a year after the first announcement. They may well be a solid company, but if I were in management I would make sure that the next model is not announced WELL before the flood of orders is received.

When and where did you order your camera? Did you order it last April, and it took a year? I ordered from B&H in April 2018 a few weeks after the announcement. It was just about May. The camera slowly started to ship in late September. I received mine in November 2018.

I ordered mine also shortly after announcement in June last year. I then cancelled just before Christmas.

I then made a new pre-order in January in a different supplier also here in Switzerland, I received it this April the day before Easter.

Swissified

PostTue May 07, 2019 12:34 pm

Australian Image wrote:I think Blackmagic needs to be given some slack, as I don't think they ever anticipated the response they'd get for this camera. Remember that there was a pile of criticism about the camera when it was first announced and that continued when review copies went out. The common thread was, no EVF, No IBIS, too big etc etc. As it turns out, a hell of a lot of people didn't care about that, they wanted an affordable cine camera.

And I might point out that Blackmagic should be given heaps of kudos. In a normal business environment, when the demand for a product outstrips supply, the first thing that happens is the price of the product goes up to slow demand. The price didn't go up.

Valid points Ray. I can live without IBIS, but an small EVF would be nice......

Craig Seeman

PostTue May 07, 2019 3:35 pm

Although over the first couple of months of preorders demand should have been more predictable and they could have ramped up production. Of course, perhaps that would have increased cost or maybe there were parts constraints but then larger parts orders can drop per unit cost. They had a number of months as pre-orders mounted even between displayed prototype and final model started shipping though.

rick.lang

PostWed May 08, 2019 4:42 pm

I suspect Ray is right. I didn’t order until August as I was skeptical until seeing and reading Note’s reviews.

Rick Lang

tszczesniak

PostThu May 09, 2019 1:37 am

Ordered from Hot Rod Cameras today, shipped today. Got lucky! I preordered day 1, but had a change of heart in September...I regret that, but glad it's finally coming....

Now to get my G2 shipped!

Craig Seeman

PostThu May 09, 2019 2:10 am

And just to rub the irony in

I ordered from B&H May 6. Received notice that it shipped May 8. Two days.
So it looks like they're coming in fast and furious now.

rick.lang

PostThu May 09, 2019 2:26 am

While I can’t even get a status email delivered in a week. I’ll stay with the URSA Mini 4.6K for next week’s shoot and still hoping the end of month shoot can use the BMPCC4K with the URSA.

Rick Lang

Craig Seeman

PostThu May 09, 2019 12:19 pm

Will be arriving tomorrow AM according to FedEx.
Most important is that B&H now shows availability 3-7 days so it looks like the log jam has ended.
You may be able to put in an order at B&H and have the camera by next week.

tonyvxp

BMPCC4K UNITS SHIPPING TO EUROPE

PostThu May 09, 2019 11:17 pm

I reserved the BMPCC4K at the end of april and was told the waiting list is at least 2 months here in spain, and something similar throughout europe and uk.
Yesterday I heard from a youtube video that units are getting out faster now? someone only had to wait a week? Is this true or will my wait still be as long as expected.
I am just so anxious to get started, could anyone please give me the latest accurate information.
Thanks!

Craig Seeman

PostFri May 10, 2019 7:15 pm

Craig Seeman wrote:

And just to rub the irony in

I ordered from B&H May 6. Received notice that it shipped May 8. Two days.
So it looks like they're coming in fast and furious now.

Camera Arrived today May 10th.
Ordered Monday, May 6. Shipped Wednesday, May 8, Arrived Friday, May 10.
Five days end to end from B&H.

On their website said Order Today Ship Today yesterday.
Now says Order Today ships May 13 Monday.
So it looks like they're getting one or two shipments a week.

nizg78

PostThu May 16, 2019 11:19 am

I ordered my BMPCC 4K on 11th, March. It is shipped today, will arrive tomorrow.

tonyvxp

PostMon May 20, 2019 9:59 am

Thanks guys for the B&H tipoff. Ordered last week, shipping today. Amazing! Here in Europe after weeks of waiting I am still 60th on a no deposit reserve list. Using B&H in NY I saved months of waiting and even including import duties and delivery it was slightly cheaper !! Outstanding :)

Denny Smith

PostWed May 22, 2019 6:50 pm

Both Adorama and B&H have stock available for immediate delivery. It appears they both have their ore-orders caught up, and BM is shipping enough Pocket 4K Cameras to meet the current demand. :roll:
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Craig Seeman

PostWed May 22, 2019 9:15 pm

B&H has them for walk in purchase. Anyone still waiting may want to consider looking for a store that either has them in stock or immediate shipping at this point.

Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 5.14.23 PM.png
In Store and Ship Today
Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 5.14.23 PM.png (40.64 KiB) Viewed 5499 times

Thibaud

BMPCC 4K Shipments stopped in Europe ?

PostFri May 24, 2019 6:39 am

Hello,

It looks like european customers are still struggling a lot to get a hand on the BMPCC 4K. And recently not many shipments, whereas B&H, Adorama, Kellards, many US retailers have it in stock. Do you know why is that ? Are there bigger shipments coming in Europe soon ?

Thanks
Next

Return to Cinematography