BRAW and Audio Sync can't Pluraleyes

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

rpwooste

BRAW and Audio Sync can't Pluraleyes

PostThu May 16, 2019 2:07 pm

Previously I was shooting with a GH5 + Zoom H5 external recorder for audio, and doing waveform audio sync (there's no TC). Resolve 15 didn't work very well at audio sync making tons of false syncs and even more sync failures so I did that step with Pluraleyes 4 which was amazing for audio sync, replacing the camera audio with the Zoom-mic audio and then editing in Resolve 15.

However, with the BMPCC 4K now, I'm shooting BRAW and Pluraleyes can't read the files. Any suggestions? Does Resolve work better with BRAW files rather than GH5 files for audio sync and does a good enough job now, or does Resolve 16b2 make huge improvements in this regard, or is there perhaps any plugin or update to Pluraleyes that works with BRAW?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Roland.

LarsWalther

Re: BRAW and Audio Sync can't Pluraleyes

PostThu Mar 19, 2020 7:37 am

Hi!

I had the same problem, and the only two workarounds I found were importing the footage to Premiere Pro using the BRAW plugin from Autokroma (just google that name) OR there seems to be the possibility of renaming the .braw files to .mov files, importing them into Pluraleyes and after syncing, renaming them back again.

I couldn't find any other real solution, especially none that involved Resolve.

Hope that helps, I'm still searching too.

CaptainHook

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Mar 20, 2020 2:13 am

Its worth contacting Red Giant and asking them to support Blackmagic RAW in PluralEyes.
**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

antoine

PostFri Mar 20, 2020 5:11 pm

Hi Roland,
We have a quick tutorial for you on our website : https://www.autokroma.com/blog/Importing-BRAW-Plural-Eyes-Premiere-Pro/

It probably works for the Blackmagic plugin and you don't need to wait for Red Giant to support BRAW
BRAW Studio FREE and Premium for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, with a brand new Desktop .BRAW Player and Color Grader, as well as an automatic White Balance Color Picker tool

Return to Post Production