Another Battery Pack For BMPCC4K

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Craig Seeman

Re: Another Battery Pack For BMPCC4K

PostSat May 18, 2019 1:13 pm

Looking in the U.S. Ebay store and seeing many of these. Some show screenshots in which the outputs are 10.8v and 7.2v (the same item no less) so it seems a bit ambiguous. They claim the equivalent of 5.5 Canon LP-E6 batteries. Not found anywhere on Amazon though. I'd love to read a real world review.

Li Chenghan

PostSat May 18, 2019 2:10 pm

This is made in China and there are many comments on the Chinese Internet. I also have a lot of friends here to choose this product, they all have good reviews. I will buy one recently. Many people test the results and it can provide about 4 hours of shooting time. But the comments are all in Chinese. The site is a test film for a Chinese friend. The advantage of this battery is that it has a touch device to display the remaining power.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av35821713/
12-Core AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920X, 3700 MHz (37 x 100)
Asus ROG Strix X399-E Gaming
GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G
G.SKILL DDR4-3200 CL16 32G
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 1909
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K/BRAW 3:1 5:1

nizg78

PostSat May 18, 2019 3:09 pm

This battery pack works well with my setup.
Attachments
WechatIMG102.jpeg
WechatIMG102.jpeg (179.64 KiB) Viewed 4039 times

youlikeny

PostSat May 18, 2019 8:57 pm

Hi guys, I would strongly recommend the JuiceBox Magic Power 2.0 as well, 58Wh battery, quick-release mount included, lasts around 2 hours/2hours and a half and it has a fast charger that can charge it to 100% in less than 2 hours which is the think I like the most...

http://juicebox.direct/product/jbmp-02/

youlikeny

PostSat May 18, 2019 9:37 pm

Australian Image wrote:While the Juicebox looks interesting, there are some pretty substantial differences that need to be considered:

Juicebox: Weight - 1.1kg, Capacity 58Wh, Dimensions - 203mm x 88.9mm x 25.4mm, Battery - Dedicated built-in battery, Mounting - Hot shoe only, Charging - 14V 3A, Accessories - BMPCC power cable, DC cable, car charging cable, 240V charger.

The Other One: Weight - 340g (I'm assuming with batteries), Capacity - 73Wh, Dimensions - 72mm x 58mm x 55mm, Battery - Replaceable 18650, Mounting - Multiple 1/4" 20 threads, Charging - 12.6V 2A, Accessories - BMPCC4K power cable, hot shoe mount, 240V charger.

The Juicebox weighs around 440grams, not 1.1kg...

Dmytro Shijan

PostSat May 18, 2019 10:45 pm

Australian Image wrote:Battery - Replaceable 18650

From what i see the battery cells are not replaceable here
Last edited by Dmytro Shijan on Sat May 18, 2019 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BMMCC/BMMSC Rigs Collection https://bmmccrigs.tumblr.com
My custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

Dmytro Shijan

PostSat May 18, 2019 11:07 pm

It is near impossible to fit replaceable batteries design into so tiny space and weight. Also there is no any screws or clamps on the body to open it in user friendly way.

BTW, I saw those battery packs first appears last summer here https://powrig.com/collections/panasoni ... power-pack , but originally they output only 7.8V.

Also Isn't P4K needs 12V min for stable work?
It seems there is no internal DC-DC regulator in battery body because not enough space for it. So this battery outputs somewhere 7.5V min, 10.8V normal, 12.6 max.
For compare 14.8V battery packs outputs 10V min, 14.8V normal, 16.4v max.
BMMCC/BMMSC Rigs Collection https://bmmccrigs.tumblr.com
My custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

youlikeny

PostSat May 18, 2019 11:12 pm

Australian Image wrote:
youlikeny wrote:The Juicebox weighs around 440grams, not 1.1kg...

Juicebox must have gotten their specs wrong: http://juicebox.direct/product/jbmp-02/.

You have to look down to “battery weight”, the weight stated at the beginning is the box it arrives in with the charger, quick-release, cables, etc... I know, it doesn’t make sense, but I have it in my hand so I can guarantee the battery is around 440grams.

youlikeny

PostSat May 18, 2019 11:54 pm

Australian Image wrote:That may or may not be, but there is no indication that the list refers to total pack weight, which is something that's usually printed at the bottom of a list and stated quite specifically. But that's neither here nor there, even it the weights are much the same, there are still more advantages to the one I listed when you compared the specs.

What do you mean that may or may not be? I have it in my hand and I received the package! If you don't trust me I can attach a picture of it, I just weighed it and it's actually 452gr.

Everybody has his preferences, personally, for example, I prefer the juicebox, it's longer but thinner, has a nice cine lock style quick-release mount that you can screw in, no need to use one of the hot-shoe, a very fast charging time that once saved my day (I used it all and then charged it back up to 50% while I kept shooting on the internal battery, and by the time the internal battery was over I re-attached the jukebox and kept going for an other hour) and it comes from a brand that you can rely on for any issue/warranty/problem.

To each his own I guess.
Attachments
IMG_0559.jpg
IMG_0559.jpg (559.31 KiB) Viewed 3922 times

youlikeny

PostSun May 19, 2019 12:23 am

Australian Image wrote:
youlikeny wrote:What do you mean that may or may not be? I have it in my hand and I received the package! If you don't trust me I can attach a picture of it, I just weighed it and it's actually 452gr..

I missed the part where you said you owned one. But, as I said, the other option still offers more.

With four outlets, you can not only power the camera, but also accessories such as a monitor, follow focus wheel, audio device etc. The Juicebox offers only one 12V output and a couple of USB ports.

And if you can change the internal batteries, that's even better.

As I said, to each his own, to me for example one 12V and 2 USB ports is exactly what I need (camera, charge/power the moza ifocus FF and a spare one for my phone just in case) while I would have no use for more 12V.

Li Chenghan

PostSun May 19, 2019 11:09 am

Australian Image wrote:
Li Chenghan wrote:This is made in China and there are many comments on the Chinese Internet. I also have a lot of friends here to choose this product, they all have good reviews. I will buy one recently. Many people test the results and it can provide about 4 hours of shooting time. But the comments are all in Chinese. The site is a test film for a Chinese friend. The advantage of this battery is that it has a touch device to display the remaining power.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av35821713/

Thanks for the video, that was quite informative, even if I couldn't understand a word.

This battery is already the second design. The oldest battery cannot manually display the remaining charge and is relatively small. In China, many people buy bmpcc4k and use this battery. The evaluation is very good. I did not see the evaluation is not good. The battery can't be replaced, the case can't be opened, most of it is made of metal, and the battery can power the camera and monitor together.

Dimensions are: length, width and height 72*58*45mm = 188 cubic centimeters

1, using 6 Panasonic's highest capacity NCR18650B battery, single capacity 3400mAH, total capacity 3.6V 20400mAH, why my product is written 6800mAH, because my battery is three and two strings, the output is 10.8V, according to industry regulations. The capacity is equivalent to 5.5 original LP-E6 batteries.

2. The main body adopts aluminum alloy CNC machining of aviation parts, and the surface treatment adopts hard anodizing process. Strictly stitched and meticulously crafted, it reflects the spirit of artisans.

3. There are 3 1/4 screw holes juxtaposed at the bottom. The installation method and fixing method can be changed ever. There is no need for a battery base anymore, and no battery clips are needed anymore.

4. With 4 parallel DC outlet outputs, it can supply power to 4 devices at the same time.

5, the circuit principle and most SLR batteries (such as LP-E6 \NP-FW50, etc.) are exactly the same, are using two sets of batteries in series, plus a protective board. The structure is simple, safe and reliable, with the highest efficiency and almost no loss. The power displayed by the SLR camera is the actual battery power.

6, fast charging, due to the use of a simple battery series, reducing the internal complex buck-boost process, the charging current can be done very much, the standard charger is 12.6/2A, the charging power reaches 26W, more than three hours Point can be full

7, touch-type power indicator, fully sealed waterproof structure.

8. The battery has overcharge protection, over discharge protection, over current protection, short circuit protection, over voltage protection, perfect protection, no need to worry about the battery being damaged.

This page is a Chinese webpage sold by the battery manufacturer.
Https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a2 ... =19#detail
12-Core AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920X, 3700 MHz (37 x 100)
Asus ROG Strix X399-E Gaming
GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G
G.SKILL DDR4-3200 CL16 32G
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 1909
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K/BRAW 3:1 5:1

Craig Seeman

PostMon May 20, 2019 4:19 pm

There is a review of the CCTECH battery pack on YouTube. It's in Chinese but you can set Closed Captions to Translate to English and get a good idea of what he's talking about. He's referencing the GH5 and A7S cameras but he does talk about it having a much longer battery life than the camera battery.

Perhaps if someone could upload the review specific to BMPCC4K to YouTube we could get a good Closed Caption translation. Of course, YouTube will translate to other languages as well for those hear who aren't native English speakers.

jamesbao

PostMon Sep 23, 2019 8:22 am

Can Battery be shipped through the China Custom?

Return to Cinematography