CDNG File naming convention Pocket 4K

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

pnguyen720

PostFri May 24, 2019 4:46 pm

Hey guys,

I'm playing with CDNG for the first time and was wondering if there's a way to change the file naming convention. It's a little bit of a pain to change all those folders/file names using a Bulk File Renamer.

I didn't see anything in the manual so wondering if I may have missed something?

Thank you.

carlomacchiavello

PostFri May 24, 2019 7:41 pm

Like many others camera file had some data like date hours and continuous number.
Instead to change name use directly metadata from camera to add all info you need in dng metadata, then you can search copy, delete and manage from media page of davinci resolve.

You can change the camera name, the storage name from format storage section.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

pnguyen720

Re: CDNG File naming convention Pocket 4K

PostFri May 24, 2019 8:57 pm

Appreciate the response, Carlo. I'm guessing that's a No, then.

I wish this was available as it's much easier for me to find the clip I need project - to - project by looking at filenames in windows explorer than loading up a bunch of files in resolve and looking for them. Unless there's another way to search Metadata..

carlomacchiavello

Re: CDNG File naming convention Pocket 4K

PostFri May 24, 2019 9:11 pm

pnguyen720 wrote:Appreciate the response, Carlo. I'm guessing that's a No, then.

I wish this was available as it's much easier for me to find the clip I need project - to - project by looking at filenames in windows explorer than loading up a bunch of files in resolve and looking for them. Unless there's another way to search Metadata..

You can change the name of camera to use it to search like name without loading file, only reading from media manager, metadata you can read from media manager but i not see the way to search in a folder by metadata.
usually is work of ingest software.

media pool can preview your files without loading in a project, could be a solution. but you need a good organization of folder and project.

Return to Cinematography