Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Creating Macro Titles

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

jamie_fenn

Creating Macro Titles

PostTue May 21, 2019 10:13 pm

I tried following the manual but I can't for some reason get my macro/title to work in my edit timeline.

The viewer window turns black when it plays over the title clip in my timeline.

I tried following the manual but I have more questions than what it describes...

Are there crucial steps needed in order to make the macro/title saving process work? I understand once you've created your own node(s) and you want to create a macro, you select the nodes you want and click macro, then create macro, but this is where I'm not sure if i need to select something specific to make it work. I selected all the parameters i wanted to adjust and save it in the titles folder. I reopened davinci and still have the black viewer problem once it plays over the title.

Could someone list exactly what is necessary to do in order to create my own macro/title?

Igor Riđanović

Re: Creating Macro Titles

PostThu May 23, 2019 10:49 pm

You can skip to about 4:30 for the main part.
www.metafide.com - DaVinci Resolve™ Apps

jamie_fenn

PostSun May 26, 2019 9:49 pm

Igor Riđanović wrote:You can skip to about 4:30 for the main part.

Ok so I did do it right...

But for some reason when I drag my title onto the timeline its still only black...

Im trying to create my own transitions and its not working. :(

jamie_fenn

PostMon May 27, 2019 9:02 pm

Is it possible to save an adjustment layer and create drag and drop transitions/macros that way?

nikrolls

PostSat Jun 22, 2019 7:01 am

I know this is a bit late, but in case you're still puzzling this, or for others coming across this question, my problem was that I was un-ticking the output of my final node when saving it. This is usually ticked by default, and if you un-tick it then you'll just get a full frame of black when using it as a title.

Saad Shah

PostSun Jul 07, 2019 5:01 pm

Hey Jamie
Post the macro here and I can look at it and see if I can make it work for you. Could be a number of things in the settings that could be the culprit.

Turning adjustment layers into macros, I dont see a direct solution. But if you post an example of what you are trying to do, maybe I can see if it can be done with Fusion nodes.

Regards
Sadi
Youtube Channel: Gargoyles At Work

Saad Shah

PostSat Jul 20, 2019 5:55 pm

Hey Jamie
In case you havent figured this out by now... I did some testing and worked out the issue.

When creating a macro in Fusion, you will see macro properties in grey and in orange. The macro will work fine if you include the properties in orange. Think of these are required properties.

If you save the macro without the orange properties, the required check boxes so to speak, then the macro will malfunction and show a black blank screen.

Not to split hairs, but there are different kinds of macros. We are talking about an Edit macro made in Fusion and used in video editing as a layer. Not a Fusion macro for use as a combination of nodes in Fusion flows.

Sadi
Youtube Channel: Gargoyles At Work

acasonj

PostThu Aug 08, 2019 4:20 am

Hey, I'm wondering why there is the same directory structure under
- ProgramData
- AppData\~\Fusion\
- Appdata:~\Support\

This only serves to confuse me where I should be backing up and placing my macros / personalised content. (macros / text titles etc)

Additionally, what do I need to specific in order for a fusion macro to be considered a title macro? And how can I configure a n-10 or n+10 keyframe animation based on clip length as the default text titles allow for, from a personalised Title Macro

Thank you very much!
Builder / Creator
@JoshFromPerth
B.CompSci Ma. Networking

Shrinivas Ramani

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Aug 08, 2019 8:44 am

Joshua,
Starting Davinci Resolve 16, we have moved to user-specific preferences based on your desktop login.

In the support page (under Read More) and in the second tab in the DaVinci Resolve installer, you can find the release notes summary - please take a look at the explanatory notes for Per OS login preferences andsettings.

An example of the old and the new paths is shown in this FAQ under database:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=90190#21

As for placing your macros, please place them under the new path and verify that your Fusion Settings pathmap is looking at the right location. See page 1347 under Fusion Settings in the manual for more details

Return to Fusion