Capturing HDM with a DeckLink Mini Recorder

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

rellwood

Capturing HDM with a DeckLink Mini Recorder

PostTue Jun 11, 2019 8:59 pm

Hello,

I have purchased a DeckLink Mini Recorder and installed it in a computer running Linux. I have successfully captured video via the SDI interface but when I try to capture video via the HDMI port I'm getting nothing but a black screen. Any ideas? Perhaps the card requires a particular format or resolution? I've tried various video sources with no luck. I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Richard

raullapeira

Re: Capturing HDM with a DeckLink Mini Recorder

PostWed Jun 12, 2019 4:34 pm

With Blackmagic Media Express it tries to detect the format and gives you a hint in the lower left part of the screen, nothing is showing there?

rellwood

Re: Capturing HDM with a DeckLink Mini Recorder

PostWed Jun 12, 2019 9:37 pm

Screenshot_20190612_141745.png
Screenshot_20190612_141745.png (480.03 KiB) Viewed 1879 times

Hi,

After working with it for a while I have finally got an image to appear in Media Express, but the result is badly out-of-sync. I've attached a screen shot showing this. I've tried several different video sources, from a camera, to a document camera, to a computer's output and none of them can seem to find their proper sync. I've tried different cables too, no change.

In Media Express's Preferences window, I see that it has set its Project Video Format to 525p59.94 NTSC. According to the message in the lower left-hand corner of the window the video source it has detected is 720x486p59.94 NTSC. I don't have this precise option in the Preferences window, and of all the choices I'm given, they all fail except the one above that's self-selected.

As before your advice is greatly appreciated!
Richard

Return to Getting Started