Smart Videohub 72 does not recognize new SDI Interface Card

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

breno_cirilo

Smart Videohub 72 does not recognize new SDI Interface Card

PostWed Jun 12, 2019 9:30 pm

We buy two new SDI Interfaces cards (serials numbers:5443228, 5442896) for Smart Videohub 72 expansion. After the cards were placed in the frame they were not recognized.
(After installation of these new cards, message remains: "unplugged"). Serial number of one of original SDI Interface we have in perfectly working: 1203989. Is it really not necessary a turn on cycle for these SDI Interfaces instalation? Will I need a firmware update? These update will stop someone original parts (SDI Interfaces or remote panels) that are working perfectly today? How long does the update procedure take? The matrix stops its operation?... how long? Is there a risk of errors and down grade? How to back up firmware? (Today we have only these Smart Videohub in 24 hour service)

MambaFiber.com

Re: Smart Videohub 72 does not recognize new SDI Interface C

PostThu Jun 13, 2019 2:14 am

i've never tried to hot plug a card into my videohubs. i'm not sure BMD supports this, and would guess the controller only checks for cards on startup. also thinking you're lucky you didn't toast the thing...

i'd call BMD directly and see what their recommendation is...
Greg Bellotte - owner
MambaFiber.com
FaceBook.com/MambaFiber

breno_cirilo

PostTue Jun 18, 2019 7:23 pm

Thank you for your message, Mr. Greg Bellotte.

About SDI Cards, they are hot swap supported:
"SDI interface cards are designed to be intalled while Videohub is running and become active immediately. They do not require Videohub to be power cycled."(Installation and Operation Manual - Videohub/p.40).

On the other hand, let's try what BDS recommends:

"There should not be a reason to update the Videohub in order for the cards to be detected by the computer. Is it possible to confirm that the card(s) are the issue by swapping out a slot that is known to work and pass signal with one of the newer ones? Other than this, the videohub may need to rebooted so it can recognize the new cards so try this solution first and then the above info.

Best Regards,

T. R./
Blackmagic Design "

breno_cirilo

PostSat Aug 10, 2019 2:19 pm

Solved!
Only after upgrading the crosswover firmware (with USB cable), have SDI interface cards been recognized and the message "unplugged" has stopped appearing. Just turning off the Videohub didn't solve the problem.

Return to Live Production