Title Moving Unexpectedly

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Clement657

Title Moving Unexpectedly

PostTue Jun 25, 2019 6:32 pm

Hi everyone,

Just had several times, on different projects, a very annoying and ununderstanding issue with titles...

In the Edit Page, I put my titles on a specific video track, manage them as I want and then, suddenly, they move un unexpected way ! Usually, going down left of the image for 2 seconds, and then go back to the initial position. So I recreate the title to debug the thing quickly, but I have the same issue with another one, on a very unexpected and random way

You can see in snapshots attached.
title1.png
title1.png (566.93 KiB) Viewed 2615 times

title2.png
title2.png (542.46 KiB) Viewed 2615 times

I precise that they are not animated titles, and I did not use Fusion to made them (as it is very basic titles).

Is anyone already faced this issue ?

Thanks / merci d'avance,

Jim Simon

Re: Title Moving Unexpectedly

PostTue Jun 25, 2019 7:57 pm

I've never seen that in any version of Resolve.

These are normal Text titles, not Text+ titles?
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Clement657

PostFri Jun 28, 2019 4:59 pm

Sorry, I should have specified it is "Text+ titles".

Jean Claude

PostFri Jun 28, 2019 5:43 pm

Clement657 wrote:Hi everyone,

Just had several times, on different projects, a very annoying and ununderstanding issue with titles...

In the Edit Page, I put my titles on a specific video track, manage them as I want and then, suddenly, they move un unexpected way ! Usually, going down left of the image for 2 seconds, and then go back to the initial position. So I recreate the title to debug the thing quickly, but I have the same issue with another one, on a very unexpected and random way

You can see in snapshots attached.
title1.png

title2.png

I precise that they are not animated titles, and I did not use Fusion to made them (as it is very basic titles).

Is anyone already faced this issue ?

Thanks / merci d'avance,

Hi Clément,
Can you develop how you make a title +. It's a static title? You do use keyframes?

(Salut Clément,
Peux-tu développer comment tu as fait ton title+. C'est un titre statique ? Tu n'utilises pas les keyframe des fois? merci d'avance :) )
"Saying it is good, but doing it is better! "
Win10-1809 | Resolve Studio V16.1 | Fusion Studio V16.1 | Decklink 4K Extreme 6G | RTX 2080Ti 431.86 NSD driver! |

Jim Simon

PostFri Jun 28, 2019 7:54 pm

OK, if it's a Text+ title, my first thought is that you started with a template that is supposed to move across the screen.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Clement657

PostSun Jun 30, 2019 10:06 am

It's a static title, it's supposed to stay in the middle of the image. Without Key Frame but with a fade at the beginning and the end.
As i said, it's also happening on another project, which as nothing to do with this one.

Jean Claude

PostSun Jun 30, 2019 4:09 pm

Hello Clement,
Can you share the project (export project to .drp)? and post a share link from drive or share space)
(no need for media) :)
"Saying it is good, but doing it is better! "
Win10-1809 | Resolve Studio V16.1 | Fusion Studio V16.1 | Decklink 4K Extreme 6G | RTX 2080Ti 431.86 NSD driver! |

xunile

PostMon Jul 01, 2019 4:42 pm

Clement657 wrote:It's a static title, it's supposed to stay in the middle of the image. Without Key Frame but with a fade at the beginning and the end.
As i said, it's also happening on another project, which as nothing to do with this one.

Text+ Titles are Fusion based, so I would try clearing the Fusion cache the next time it happens, it might help with the issue.
Win 10 Home | Intel i7 - 10700f 64 GB 1 TB GB SSD 2 TB SSD
RTX-3060 12 GB | Resolve Studio 18.6.6| Fusion Studio 18.6.6

Win 10 Home | Intel Core I7-7700HQ 32 GB 1 TB NVME SSD 1 TB SATA SSD
GTX-1060-6GB | Resolve 17.4.6

Clement657

PostTue Jul 09, 2019 9:08 am

Thanks for your help.

I kind of manage to annihale the unexpected move by creating a CompoundClip. But if I quit and reopen Resolve, I still face problem on a random way...

Text+ Titles are Fusion based, so I would try clearing the Fusion cache the next time it happens, it might help with the issue.

It seems to work ! When you say "Clearing the Fusion cache", you mean Clearing ALL Cached Media ? (Lecture/Clearing Cached Media) Or is there just a way to clear just the Fusion Cached Media ?

And do you think it could be because I only have 16 Gb RAM ? Which is under the 32Gb recommended to run Fusion ?

Thank you for your advice ! Merci !

xunile

PostTue Jul 09, 2019 5:50 pm

Clement657 wrote:Thanks for your help.

I kind of manage to annihale the unexpected move by creating a CompoundClip. But if I quit and reopen Resolve, I still face problem on a random way...

It seems to work ! When you say "Clearing the Fusion cache", you mean Clearing ALL Cached Media ? (Lecture/Clearing Cached Media) Or is there just a way to clear just the Fusion Cached Media ?

And do you think it could be because I only have 16 Gb RAM ? Which is under the 32Gb recommended to run Fusion ?

Thank you for your advice ! Merci !

In the Fusion tab, right click on the bottom right where is shows %-MB, and choose "Purge Cache".
Win 10 Home | Intel i7 - 10700f 64 GB 1 TB GB SSD 2 TB SSD
RTX-3060 12 GB | Resolve Studio 18.6.6| Fusion Studio 18.6.6

Win 10 Home | Intel Core I7-7700HQ 32 GB 1 TB NVME SSD 1 TB SATA SSD
GTX-1060-6GB | Resolve 17.4.6

Clement657

PostMon Jul 22, 2019 12:40 pm

Hi everyone,

Despite all your advice, I'm still facing issue in the rendering of my titles. I recreated all the text+ titles in a specific Fusion composition, purged Fusion cache... but still I have some titles moving unexpectedly, in a random way.
What seems to work, is to restart my computer before rendering and then reopen DVR and do the renders. Sometimes it works, sometimes not !

I will also try to export the specific track with titles on it and use it instead of the unreliable Fusion compositions.

But, it's not very sustainable on the long term and moreover, very very annoying to not be confident in text+ and fusion composition.

I would really appreciate that someone at BMD try to answer why these titles are still not stable and reliable.

Thank for all your help and answers,

Regards,

Return to DaVinci Resolve