Decklink mini monitor 4k playback issue

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

hetderdebeeld

Decklink mini monitor 4k playback issue

PostTue Jun 25, 2019 3:08 pm

Hi,

Today I installed a new Decklink mini monitor 4K playback card into my 12core Mac pro 2009. It's running a titan x card and I had no problems whatsoever in playback when grading my 4k footage. I wanted to upgrade so I could playback on a second (sort of reference) monitor so that's why I bought the decklink. After installing the card now all of a sudden the footage in Resolve stutters and have no more realtime smooth playback.

so... how come? any ideas?

tobycook

Re: Decklink mini monitor 4k playback issue

PostWed Jun 26, 2019 4:45 am

What flavor of 4K are you trying?

I’ve found the DCI 4K causes stuttering for some reason, but ultrahd 4K works fine with decklink mini monitor 4K.

Have you tried playing back on the edit page rather than color? May help problem solve.

On my machine with dci 4K the playback is smooth in edit page and stuttering on the color page.

hetderdebeeld

Re: Decklink mini monitor 4k playback issue

PostMon Jul 01, 2019 12:36 pm

Thanks! I tested a sequence that I edited in Premiere and imported as an xml. Native import of R3D material was smooth in all pages. Much more so than in Premiere. Another reason to switch :P

Return to DaVinci Resolve