Stereo Capture on Decklink Duo 2

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

cyberfish

Stereo Capture on Decklink Duo 2

PostWed Jul 03, 2019 11:52 am

Dear all,

as far as I can see from the docs and API response, it is not possible to configure the profile of the Decklink Duo 2 SDI capture card to capture stereo. However my pretty similar looking Decklink 4K pro is able to do so. Is there any way to configure the Duo 2 to capture stereo using the "*GetRightFrame" API? Atm I only see the option to init two subdevices, each having its own callback and then sync stereo frames from gen-locked cameras on my own.

Thank you very much in advance and best regards!
Nicolai

Cameron Nichols

Blackmagic Design

Re: Stereo Capture on Decklink Duo 2

PostMon Jul 15, 2019 2:38 am

Hi Nicolai,

Unlike the DeckLink 4K Pro, the DeckLink Duo 2 does not support dual-link 3D capture, as each input is considered a unique capture device.

You can use Synchronized Capture as a means to capture stereo if your cameras are locked to a common reference. However each input will have it's own IDeckLinkInputCallback::VideoInputFrameArrived callback, so you will need to pair the left-eye and right-eye frames in your application.

Please refer to the high-level overview for Synchronized Capture in the DeckLink SDK manual, section 2.4.13.1, for further information.

Regards
Cameron

Return to Software Developers