Hyperdeck Extrem 8K

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

avilchezl

Hyperdeck Extrem 8K

PostThu Aug 08, 2019 6:38 pm

Hi all,

We're thinking to adquire 3 Hyperdeck Extreme 8K and 1 Hyperdeck Extreme Remote to play videos simultaneusly on the 3 Hyperdecsks. The idea is to compose a video on 3 separateds screens and play it remotelly using Timecode Sync.

Someone bought it? I saw that we can control 8 devices remotelly on RS422 but I didnt found any place that explain that this Hyperdeck can play 8 devices simultaneusly... :shock:

By the way, I think another solution could be to cable the first Hyperdeck player and use the Remote output to link the second and the third. In this case, we really dont need the Hyperdeck controller if we only need to use one remote device.

Are you agree?
Thanks mates!!

Dave Del Vecchio

Re: Hyperdeck Extrem 8K

PostSat Aug 10, 2019 2:39 am

It doesn't seem like there is any way to gang together all of the different decks via the HyperDeck Extreme Control unit. The different deck buttons on the front just seem to be used to switch between controlling each deck.

But you should be able to accomplish this using the RS-422 output ports on the HyperDeck Extreme 8K recorders as you suggested. By looping the RS-422 output to the RS-422 input of the next deck, you should be able to send a single RS-422 command to the first deck and have them all respond to it.

You can also find used RS-422 controllers that are relatively inexpensive and do have ganging capability for controlling 4 decks simultaneously. So unless you need the 8K capabilities of the HyperDeck Extreme, you could do the same thing with the HyperDeck Studio 12G (or one of the the other HyperDeck models) and an external RS-422 controller.

avilchezl

PostSat Aug 10, 2019 2:13 pm

Thanks for your answer!

I'm agree with you, maybe we can found a cheeper solution with other Hyperdeck models and a simpe Rs422 controller...

Thanks mates!

Xtreemtec

PostTue Aug 13, 2019 1:52 pm

avilchezl wrote:Someone bought it? I saw that we can control 8 devices remotelly on RS422 but I didnt found any place that explain that this Hyperdeck can play 8 devices simultaneusly... :shock:

Are they already shipping? Last thing i heard that they are still in production phase.
Anyone seen one in the wild yet?
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Balazs Kovacs

PostTue Aug 13, 2019 9:20 pm

We have done this with hyperdeck minis alongside with a skaarhoj rack fusion 1, and that can do far more stuff for all your bmd stuff.

Dave Del Vecchio

PostTue Aug 13, 2019 10:06 pm

Xtreemtec wrote:Are they already shipping? Last thing i heard that they are still in production phase.
Anyone seen one in the wild yet?

Blackmagic released a HyperDeck software update (version 7.0) that adds support for the HyperDeck Extreme 8K a few weeks ago. Usually that means that the initial firmware is complete and they are close to shipping to distributors.

And actually it looks like they are in-stock here, so I'd guess they'll start showing up at other retailers in the next couple of weeks:
https://www.markertek.com/product/hyperdeckext8khd

Return to Live Production