Help: Blackmagic RAW player for Windows crashing

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

shahriyarali

Help: Blackmagic RAW player for Windows crashing

PostSun Aug 11, 2019 5:35 pm

Was really happy to see Blackmagic releasing its BRAW player for Windows but for some reason it's crashing on my PC. Tried re-installing but no luck. However, it's working on mt friend's PC. Does anyone else facing this?

Cellblock1138

Re: Help: Blackmagic RAW player for Windows crashing

PostMon Aug 12, 2019 2:12 am

I just get a white window when I try to run it on Windows 10. Lameness.
Resolve Studio 16
Windows 10
AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
NVIDIA GeFORCE GTX 1080
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
Samsung SSD 970 EVO 500GB

Clifford

PostMon Aug 12, 2019 4:56 am

I am also having a problem with it. I installed it on my laptop, on which I have Resolve which works fine. The laptop has windows 10-64bit installed, an Nvidia KM 4100 graphics card. Not sure if any of this is relevant. When I open a raw file it opens the player, I see the video in the player but it does not play. It remains as a still.

Hendrik Proosa

PostTue Aug 13, 2019 6:36 am

You can try my player, it does not use GPU decode (yet) and audio is kind of broken, but it has a few features other braw players don't have:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=92559
I do stuff.

shahriyarali

PostWed Aug 14, 2019 5:20 pm

Hendrik Proosa wrote:You can try my player, it does not use GPU decode (yet) and audio is kind of broken, but it has a few features other braw players don't have:
https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/view ... =3&t=92559

Looks great! Hope you add more features in future update. Unfortunately, your app also crashes. Plays some files but not all BRAW files. I'm assuming it has something to do with AMD gfx cards coz that's the only thing me and my friends desktop differ in. However, another 3rd party BRAW player - BRAW Viewer works perfectly fine.

Hendrik Proosa

PostWed Aug 14, 2019 5:24 pm

shahriyarali wrote:Looks great! Hope you add more features in future update. Unfortunately, your app also crashes. Plays some files but not all BRAW files. I'm assuming it has something to do with AMD gfx cards coz that's the only thing me and my friends desktop differ in. However, another 3rd party BRAW player - BRAW Viewer works perfectly fine.

Interesting! When exactly does it crash? On startup, when loading a specific file or during playback? Any chance you could share a crashing file privately, I'd like to try if I can produce the crash.

Only graphics related thing I currently use is opengl, although possible I don't think it is the reason...
I do stuff.

shahriyarali

PostThu Aug 15, 2019 6:05 am

Hendrik Proosa wrote:Interesting! When exactly does it crash? On startup, when loading a specific file or during playback? Any chance you could share a crashing file privately, I'd like to try if I can produce the crash.

Only graphics related thing I currently use is opengl, although possible I don't think it is the reason...

When I open a BRAW it loads up your app and crashes on initial startup load time. My GPU Radeon uses OpenGL so it confirms my radeon isn't a problem. Here's one of my BRAW file which isn't opening: https://we.tl/t-gErX3Isvms

Hendrik Proosa

PostThu Aug 15, 2019 8:47 am

shahriyarali wrote:When I open a BRAW it loads up your app and crashes on initial startup load time. My GPU Radeon uses OpenGL so it confirms my radeon isn't a problem. Here's one of my BRAW file which isn't opening: https://we.tl/t-gErX3Isvms

Thanks, I'm able to reproduce the crash on my system (with gtx980), so it seems to be related to file itself. I'll look into it.
I do stuff.

shahriyarali

PostWed Sep 11, 2019 5:01 pm

Hendrik Proosa wrote:
shahriyarali wrote:When I open a BRAW it loads up your app and crashes on initial startup load time. My GPU Radeon uses OpenGL so it confirms my radeon isn't a problem. Here's one of my BRAW file which isn't opening: https://we.tl/t-gErX3Isvms

Thanks, I'm able to reproduce the crash on my system (with gtx980), so it seems to be related to file itself. I'll look into it.

any update? strangely the players are working fine on my AMD and Radeon powered laptop

Keith Gresham

PostWed Mar 31, 2021 3:37 am

I was able to solve my issue by uninstalling the ASIO4ALL driver. I found an open source alternative named ASIO2WASAPI that works great with Protools and with the RAW player.

Keith

Return to Post Production