Mini converter batter power?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

silsurf

Mini converter batter power?

PostWed Aug 14, 2019 1:44 am

I need to convert and downscale a signal coming from an Arri Mini (3.2K 1080p 24fps) to 720p for a pair of Avegant VR Glasses. BNC SDI input and an HDMI output.

I believe all I need is the Mini Converter UpDownCross HD?

But I need to power it off a small rechargeable battery pack of some kind? Can someone point me towards such a battery pack?

Thanks!

Dave Del Vecchio

Re: Mini converter batter power?

PostWed Aug 14, 2019 8:09 pm

The Mini Converter UpDownCross HD requires 6 to 30V DC input. This means that one of those USB power banks that only have 5V USB outputs will not work. You'll need to find a battery pack that has a 12V or 19-20V output connector. These types of battery banks are often intended for charging laptops in addition to phones and will often have a DC barrel style connector for the higher voltage in addition to any USB power outputs.

One other option is that if the Arri Alexa Mini is running off batteries itself, these would typically be larger V-Mount or Anton Bauer Gold Mount battery packs (these usually have a nominal voltage of around 14 to 16.8V so it would be within the Mini Converters voltage requirements).

These types of batteries typically have a D-tap or power tap connector either on the battery or on the battery plate for powering additional devices beyond the camera. You can also get D-tap splitters if you need to power more devices. The power consumption of the Mini Converter is relatively low (5W), so this shouldn't have too much impact on overall battery life.

Xtreemtec

PostWed Aug 14, 2019 8:58 pm

Power it from Dtap!

LanParte has a great cable that works perfect on the miniconverter series!
http://www.lanparte.com/product/info_45_itemid_587.html
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

silsurf

PostThu Aug 15, 2019 12:32 pm

Thanks!!

Return to Live Production