Ursa Broadcast with Angenieux HR ENG Zoom lens

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Denny Smith

Ursa Broadcast with Angenieux HR ENG Zoom lens

PostSat Aug 10, 2019 8:38 pm

Another nice B4 zoom to use in the Ursa Broadcast is the Angenieux T12x5.3 B1ESM 12x5.3 AIF.HR 2/3" Wide Angle Zoom Lens w/2x extender. This lens has smooth iris control on the Ursa Broadcast, HD quality, works great with UHD resolution, all lens functions work with the Ursa Broadcast, punch in to focus instantly sets the lens to longest focal length to get accurate focus. The zoom is parfocal and back focus is easy to set with the Ursa Broadcast. It has full Servo Zoom, auto/manual iris, and manual focus, which has an option to add a focus Servo.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Denny Smith

Re: Ursa Broadcast with Angenieux HR ENG Zoom lens

PostSat Aug 10, 2019 8:52 pm

Sold my Ursa Broadcast Camera Kit, is I have the Angenieux B4 Zoom lens available $1250, and a Ursa Mini Pro PL adapter (New in box) available PM me. The Arthritis in my right hand is getting too bad for me to handle this camera anymore.
So I am downsizing to a Pocket 4K. My loss is your gain. :roll:
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Denny Smith

PostSat Aug 17, 2019 4:51 pm

Camera sold, but I still have the Angie Zoom lens, Varizoom controller, and a UM Pro PL mount left, along with a 8Sinn Shoulder Mount plate.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Neil-G

PostMon Mar 01, 2021 9:01 pm

I have recently bought an Angenieux T15x8.3B1ESM AIF HR 2/3in. B4 Mount standard zoom lens with 2x extender for a really good price, and am knocked out by the optics.
The only trouble I am having is that I cannot use it with any of my existing Libec, JVC and Fujinon remote zoom demands. All of them are adaptable to either Canon or Fujinon 8 or 12 pin. What happens is either the zoom only goes in or out, not both, or the lens zooms in or out as soon as the camera is switched on.
I notice you mention a Varizoom controller, is this a dedicated Angenieux controller? If so, please could you give me the model number.

Neil-G

PostWed Mar 03, 2021 6:23 pm

Does anyone know if the Angenieux lenses use a different zoom protocol to Fujinon and/or Canon? I am amazed there is nothing on the internet about it, considering how long these lenses have been around. The guy invented the zoom lens!

Denny Smith

PostSat Mar 06, 2021 6:09 am

The Verizoom control I used is a F model for Fujinon and it worked, but you had to connect it first before powering up the camera. I still have it if you are interested, send me a PM.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Neil-G

PostSat Mar 06, 2021 2:39 pm

Thank you so much Denny. The info is hugely helpful!
Info for Canon and Fujinon lenses is plentiful, but Angenieux seem to be shrouded in mystery and secrecy. A few short years after a new lens comes out they decide to end all support for it, then destroy all webpages, leaflets and tech info.
How do I send you a PM, I've never done it before?
Last edited by Neil-G on Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neil-G

PostSat Mar 06, 2021 2:58 pm

Is it the Varizoom VZ-PRO-F Denny?

I have a JVC HZ-ZS13U zoom controller, and if I have it on the Fujinon lens setting, the Angenieux zooms in, but not out. If I have it on Canon lens setting, it zooms out, but not in.

Denny Smith

PostMon Mar 08, 2021 1:44 am

I believe it was. I just sent you a PM. To send one to someone, you click on the Avitar of the person you want to send to. A popup menu will appear.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Neil-G

PostMon Mar 08, 2021 5:12 pm

Thanks Denny. I have managed to buy a Varizoom VZ-PRO-F from BBList here in UK for £150. Hopefully, it will work fine with my Angenieux once it is delivered.

Neil-G

PostWed Mar 10, 2021 5:10 pm

Thanks Denny for your recommendation of the Varizoom, it works great! The speed controls are a bit weird in that unless you have the Varizoom set about centre of the potentiometer the lens starts creeping in or out all by itself. I think it must be conflicting with the speed control on the lens. I can live with that I think!
I have also just noticed that it operates back to front, what is marked telephoto is wide, and wide is telephoto.

Return to Live Production