ATEM 1 M/E Audio

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Shawn Lam

ATEM 1 M/E Audio

PostFri Sep 14, 2012 10:37 pm

I'm testing new the ATEM 1 M/E audio capabilities. Thanks BMD for adding audio mixing on your most recent firmware update. The problem I'm having is MONITOR controls (lower right hand on the AUDIO tab on the software control panel). It is greyed out for me. I've tried connecting the XLR output but this doesn't seem to activate that area.

Any ideas how to activate these controls.

I'd also like to know if it is possible to monitor the audio with headphones on the laptop?

The third question is can I connect two computers to my ATEM 1 M/E so that I can have one control video switching and the other audio levels?

Thanks!

Knut Bussian

Re: ATEM 1 M/E Audio

PostSat Sep 15, 2012 11:58 am

Hi there,

Q1:
In order to be able to use "monitoring" go to preferences in the mixer software and turn it on!

Q2:
I don't get your point?

Q3:
Yes, you can use up to 5 computers (I believe) to connect to one ATEM 1 ME.

Knut

Liam Kennedy

PostSat Sep 15, 2012 4:44 pm

Shawn Lam wrote:I'd also like to know if it is possible to monitor the audio with headphones on the laptop?

You cannot monitor the audio directly using a laptop - like by some setting in the control software that pulls just the audio from the ATEM via the ethernet port or something. The audio from the ATEM can only be monitored on the output (HDMI/SDI/XLR(1ME only) program out)- or by using the new Monitor preferences
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

Darrell Sim

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Sep 17, 2012 2:43 am

I would like to help recap what the other guys mentioned earlier and to explain further in detail,

1. In the 'Settings' tab, look for the 'Audio' option. There, you will be able to see 'Audio breakout is' with 2 options, 'Program Audio' and 'Monitor Audio'. Check 'Monitor Audio' and you'll be able to see your 'Monitor' option in the 'Audio' tab magically activated!

2. No, you're not able to monitor the audio on the laptop via Software Control. You'll have to use the 'AUD Right/Left Out' of the audio breakout cable to do your monitoring.

3. Yes, it's able to connect 2 computers to the ATEM 1 M/E, but you'll have to link all the devices to a network switch.
Darrell Sim
Support Engineer
Blackmagic Design Asia
support-asia@blackmagicdesign.com

Return to Live Production