Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Feature Request?

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

jamie_fenn

Feature Request?

PostSun Sep 08, 2019 2:22 am

Not sure if this is where Id suggest this, so maybe you could forward the idea to whomever it may concern...

But is it possible or can we please get a feature such as camera tracking with an auto solve like after effects?

Sander de Regt

Re: Feature Request?

PostSun Sep 08, 2019 6:26 pm

How is what you're asking different from the camera tracker that's currently inside of Fusion?
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

jamie_fenn

PostSun Sep 08, 2019 10:15 pm

Im not exactly sure what you mean. I see in after effects you just do camera tracker and it solves automatically for you, but I feel like in fusion theres a ton more hoops to jump through to get a decent track?

Am I wrong>?

Chad Capeland

PostMon Sep 09, 2019 1:25 am

jamie_fenn wrote:Am I wrong>?

How about you figure that out before making feature requests.
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

Kays Alatrakchi

PostMon Sep 09, 2019 6:47 am

More bees with honey Chad! 8-)

---

Jamie, the camera tracker in Fusion is fairly straightforward, basically you hit track, and then solve, and then create the camera nodes and you're done.

The difference is that if you get a crappy camera solve, you can do something about it by trying to clean up bad tracking points, refining the camera parameters, etc. while in AfterEffects unfortunately you're stuck with what you get.

If you're looking for a one-click solution you won't find it in Fusion, then again if you're trying to do camera tracking, that is a pretty advanced type of thing and you will need to ramp up on your VFX ninja skills!

There are a number of cool Fusion camera tracking tutorials on YouTube that you should check out, I think they will take some of the intimidation factor out for you.
>>Kays Alatrakchi
Filmmaker based in Los Angeles, CA
http://moviesbykays.com

Resolve 18.1.4, Mac OS X 12.6.3 (Monterey), iMac Pro 64Gb RAM, Decklink Mini 4K, LG C9

Mac Book Air M1, Mac OS X 12.6 (Monterey), 16Gb RAM

jamie_fenn

PostMon Sep 09, 2019 6:36 pm

Thanks Kays...

I wasn't sure if I was missing a feature or not thats all. I guess its better that I get to select the best tracking points and filter out the rest. I feel dumb now thanks to the first response.
Cheers

dlt123me

PostTue Sep 10, 2019 2:11 am

Kays Alatrakchi wrote:More bees with honey Chad! 8-)

---

Jamie, the camera tracker in Fusion is fairly straightforward, basically you hit track, and then solve, and then create the camera nodes and you're done.

The difference is that if you get a crappy camera solve, you can do something about it by trying to clean up bad tracking points, refining the camera parameters, etc. while in AfterEffects unfortunately you're stuck with what you get.

If you're looking for a one-click solution you won't find it in Fusion, then again if you're trying to do camera tracking, that is a pretty advanced type of thing and you will need to ramp up on your VFX ninja skills!

There are a number of cool Fusion camera tracking tutorials on YouTube that you should check out, I think they will take some of the intimidation factor out for you.

Just wanted to jump in here to say 'Thank you' to Kays for fielding this guy's question. I can understand Chad's frustration, but we can sometimes forget we were new to the concepts as well at one time... Heck, I am still new to all these concepts and stumble through the mud. LOL

But thanks for being kind. Resolve and Fusion can be very overwhelming. Take care all.
What you believe, does not change reality.

rdoetjes

PostWed Sep 11, 2019 10:13 am

Yes Jamie, you are wrong.
You can just click solve and export and be done. The great thing of having the freedom to nudge things around, is that you can make a track more accurate. That’s not the case with the AE 3D tracker. If it fails it fails and you can’t do anything about it.

So with the camera3d you can basically do a 3 click track and be done.
And the tracking is wickedly fast I have to say; not as fast as Syntheyes but pretty fast.

The thing that I haven’t figured out is how to snap to a tracker :)

jamie_fenn wrote:Im not exactly sure what you mean. I see in after effects you just do camera tracker and it solves automatically for you, but I feel like in fusion theres a ton more hoops to jump through to get a decent track?

Am I wrong>?

Return to Fusion