micro converter bidirectional SDI/HDMI

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

namor1977

micro converter bidirectional SDI/HDMI

PostTue Sep 17, 2019 1:52 pm

Hello,
I try to found the software download for configure the converter.
Can you help me?

Thancks very much

raythompsontn

Re: micro converter bidirectional SDI/HDMI

PostTue Sep 17, 2019 4:58 pm

Configuration is done with DIP switches on the side of the box. You can also use the latest firmware update file which will install software on the computer that can be used to configure the box with a USB connection.

Xtreemtec

PostWed Sep 18, 2019 1:09 pm

RAY the Micro does NOT have dipswitches. ;)

@ TP, There is not much to configure, Only Level A or Level B output when used in 3G-SDI.
When you connect 1 Source over HDMI, HDMI output will loop out, and SDI will be output,
When connected SDI in, SDI out will loop out, HDMI is outputted,
When connect HDMI & SDI source, They will just pass sdi > HDMi and HDMI > SDI

For the software download ( Which is basically only a FW update tool) Download BMD Converter Tool @ https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/suppor ... converters
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

raythompsontn

PostThu Sep 19, 2019 12:19 am

RAY the Micro does NOT have dipswitches
Ah, missed the micro part. Was thinking of a different converter that will convert and has dip switches.

datesty

PostWed Oct 30, 2019 3:47 pm

Xtreemtec wrote:When you connect 1 Source over HDMI, HDMI output will loop out, and SDI will be output,

This is what I'm doing but I am not getting an HDMI loop out. the HDMI IN indicator comes on when I plug in the cable so I assume the input signal is recognized.

HDMI Input is from a SONY 4K handycam, and I am trying to get the video feed to my Windows 10 laptop. What more do I need to do to get this working right.

I'll appreciate any help.

Xtreemtec

PostWed Oct 30, 2019 8:17 pm

Euhh So you connect the HDMI out to your laptop? What kind of capture card are you using?
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

datesty

PostThu Oct 31, 2019 10:42 am

Xtreemtec wrote:Euhh So you connect the HDMI out to your laptop? What kind of capture card are you using?

Do I also need a capture card to use the converter?

Yes I connected the HDMI OUT to my laptop, but my system did not detect anything.
I also used the Blackmagic Desktop Video and Blackmagic Media Express softwares, neither of them recgonized it.

Johnma

PostSat Nov 02, 2019 10:07 am

Xtreemtec wrote:RAY the Micro does NOT have dipswitches. ;)

@ TP, There is not much to configure, Only Level A or Level B output when used in 3G-SDI.
When you connect 1 Source over HDMI, HDMI output will loop out, and SDI will be output,
When connected SDI in, SDI out will loop out, HDMI is outputted,
When connect HDMI & SDI source, They will just pass sdi > HDMi and HDMI > SDI

For the software download ( Which is basically only a FW update tool) Download BMD Converter Tool @ ...

<link removed from above quote because forum chokes on my post otherwise>

Hi, folks
Sorry, I don't want to hijack the thread, but I'd just like to ask if there's any software available for the BiDirectional that will run under older (10.7) versions of OSX? The verions on the BMD support page that will actually start up without crashing are too old to support the BiDirectional.
Thanks folks
John M

HansSpoor

PostWed Nov 06, 2019 7:15 pm

I think what Xtreemtec did not mention, the HDMI is on the laptop a HDMI out, not a HDMI-in, so yes, you need a capture card .....

Xtreemtec

PostSat Nov 09, 2019 1:48 pm

datesty wrote:
Xtreemtec wrote:Euhh So you connect the HDMI out to your laptop? What kind of capture card are you using?

Do I also need a capture card to use the converter?

Yes I connected the HDMI OUT to my laptop, but my system did not detect anything.
I also used the Blackmagic Desktop Video and Blackmagic Media Express softwares, neither of them recgonized it.

No it is not a CAPTURE card. The converter is only to convert between signals. The HDMI on your laptop is only a HDMI Monitor output. Not for capturing.

Take a look at the Decklink or Ultrastudio capture devices.

Return to Getting Started