Regarding DaVinci Resolve light INSTALL

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Rory Cooper

Regarding DaVinci Resolve light INSTALL

PostWed Aug 22, 2012 10:58 am

Hi and thank you for the forum

Is the install file for DaVinci Resolve light 32 bit or 64 bit and can I use it as a standalone ap with a mouse.
I am having an install issue and am getting a “No configuration matching locale and operating system found within 1 configurations”
:?

Rohit Gupta

Blackmagic Design

Re: Regarding DaVinci Resolve light INSTALL

PostWed Aug 22, 2012 12:02 pm

Rory Cooper wrote:Hi and thank you for the forum

Is the install file for DaVinci Resolve light 32 bit or 64 bit and can I use it as a standalone ap with a mouse.
I am having an install issue and am getting a “No configuration matching locale and operating system found within 1 configurations”
:?

You need Windows 7 Professional 64-bit for the Windows version.

Resolve 9 is a 64-bit app on all platforms - Mac, Linux and Windows.
Rohit Gupta

DaVinci Resolve Software Development
Blackmagic Design

BurningCrowPictures

PostWed Aug 22, 2012 5:30 pm

Hello. I was wondering if the new Davinci Resolve 9 for Mac will work with macbook pros that are lower resolutions. The previous version (Davinci 8) was unable to work correctly on macbook pros unless they were the newer MacBook pros with high resolution. Resolve 8 wouldn't resize with OSX Lion. If this has been resolved that would be excellent news! Thanks.
Justin Demeere
www.BurningCrowPictures.com

Rory Cooper

PostThu Aug 23, 2012 9:16 am

Thanks for the reply, are there any versions of DaVinci resolve that operates with 32-bit?

Pat Inhofer

PostThu Aug 23, 2012 11:48 am

BurningCrowPictures wrote:Hello. I was wondering if the new Davinci Resolve 9 for Mac will work with macbook pros that are lower resolutions. The previous version (Davinci 8) was unable to work correctly on macbook pros unless they were the newer MacBook pros with high resolution. Resolve 8 wouldn't resize with OSX Lion. If this has been resolved that would be excellent news! Thanks.

The minimum requirements don't seem to have changed with R9, other than requiring Mac OS 10.7.4 (10.6.x support has been dropped).

The Config Guide that's included with every download is very extensive. If you're laptop isn't listed there, you're probably going to run into trouble at some point.
Patrick Inhofer
Colorist | Owner, TaoOfColor.com & MixingLight.com

Subscribe to the awesome, free, and (mostly) weekly Color Grading Newsletter! www.TaoOfColor.com/newsletter

Return to DaVinci Resolve