BMCD Arduino Shield : can't send a correct clock

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

XavierM

BMCD Arduino Shield : can't send a correct clock

PostSun Sep 22, 2019 11:31 am

Hi all!

So I've been experimenting a bit with the arduino shield and manage to send most commands so far (such as changing frame rate, ISO, and so on). But I'm stuck on two points :

The main one is that I wanted to send a clock. Now as I understand it, there's no way to use the shield as a real TC generator, but at least I could send a clock to the URSA mini pro. Here's the code I have, and no matter what values I'm feeding it, it never correspond on the URSA and I can't find a pattern within the inconsistencies...
Code: Select all
int32_t TC[] {   
    };

sdiCameraControl.writeCommandInt32(
    1, // Camera 1
    7, // Catergory Configuration
    0, // Param Clock
    0, // Operation: Assign Value
   TC
  );

Also this code doesn't work at all either, when trying to change the peaking mode (but that's not my main concern)
Code: Select all
 int8_t Peak[] {1,1};

sdiCameraControl.writeCommandInt8(
    1, // Camera 1
    4, // Catergory Display
    5, // Param Focus Assista
    0, // Operation: Assign Value
   Peak
  );

Any Idea guys to what might be wrong ? Am I actually supposed to use binary coded decimal for the date ?

XavierM

Re: BMCD Arduino Shield : can't send a correct clock

PostThu Sep 26, 2019 8:36 am

Hi !

So I got an answer that got deleted but I remembered it : coding the date and time values as 0x######## doesn't work ! Blackmagic mention "BCD" in the manual, which correspond to binary decimal value according to google. Sadly having the date for instance as DDMMYYYY with packets of 4 bites for each letter doesn't work.

Any idea ? Maybe someone at blackmagic ?

Thanks in advance !
cheers !

Return to Software Developers