Export Multicam Sequence

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

SimplyMarkus

Export Multicam Sequence

PostSat Oct 05, 2019 8:17 am

Hello lovely people,

Iam using Davinci Resolve 16. I want do export a bunch of Sequences as a screener version. Some of this sequences are multicam, some are "normal".

2 things I need help with:

1. Everytime Iam selecting a mutlticam sequence on edit page and switch to deliver, the "add to render button" is greyed out. What can I do?

2. Whats the easiest way to export all of my 18 sequences with less work (I thought something like: select all in bin, right click, export as... but it seems I have to open each sequence, go to deliver page, set the export setting and add it to queue).

Thanks for your help.

Greetings,
Markus

Michael_Andreas

Re: Export Multicam Sequence

PostSat Oct 05, 2019 12:34 pm

After you've created the MultiCam clip, you have to create a Timeline using that MultiCam clip and then you Deliver from the Timeline. If you Open the Multicam Clip in the timeline that doesn't set it up for Delievery

Kenzo

PostSat Oct 05, 2019 12:44 pm

Ad. 2
Select your timelines in media pool, right mouse click and Create New Timeline Using Selected Clips, in Deliver tab export your new timeline as Single Clips. (works great if your timelines have same resolution and framerate)
Eryk Rogozinski
www.art-fx.eu

SimplyMarkus

PostSat Oct 05, 2019 1:50 pm

Thank you for your helpful answers :)

SimplyMarkus

PostThu Oct 10, 2019 9:05 am

Ok, I found one more problem while exporting a multicam sequence:

I want to export a mutlicam sequence as AAF to import it to Avid Media Composer. But, as I know befor, I cant export (anyway) a multicam sequence. So I have to copy all the clips form multicam sequence to an "normal" sequence to export it?

Why its so complicatete with multicam? For me its confusing that its called a "multicam sequence" buts its more an clip with less options as an sequence.

Thanks for your help.

jason.whinnery@gmail.com

PostWed Dec 18, 2019 2:07 pm

Multi-cam editing in Resolve is not as good as in Premiere Pro. NOT EVEN CLOSE. In Premiere, both sequences are just that, they are sequences. The multi-cam seq in simply nested in the edit seq. In Premiere you can edit audio in the multi-cam sequence, not in resolve. Meaning, I do all my audio automation, etc. in the multi-cam sync sequence which is reflected in the edit seq. I just WASTED a couple of hours automating audio in the multi-cam timeline which I now have to do all over again. Non of the audio effects, automation, etc. are reflected in the edit timeline. This is fairly weak if you ask me. And, you should be able to "deliver" from any sequence, no matter what type of sequence it is. I hope the Blackmagic Design team reads these posts. If you want to pull ahead of Premiere, fix this. I left Premiere after using it for over 10 years and really want to embrace Resolve. This makes it hard to do because most of my edits are multi-cam productions.

Return to DaVinci Resolve