Fusion Studio & Resolve Studio with the same license/dongle?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Jonas Nyström

Fusion Studio & Resolve Studio with the same license/dongle?

PostSun Oct 06, 2019 6:53 am

Hi!

I've read somewhere that buying one Studio product would give you the possibility to run the other.
Is that correct?
Does that apply to both dongle and card license verification?

I've tried to get an answer to this form swedish retailers, but no one seem to have heard about it.

I would prefer to develop lua-scripts, fuses etc using Fusion Studio (because of the more lightweight exe, shorter starttimes, multiple project tabs etc.) but use them in Resolve Studio projects (Resolve Free doesn't work because of limitations in using scripts.)

Best / Jonas

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Fusion Studio & Resolve Studio with the same license/don

PostMon Oct 07, 2019 12:37 am

The Fusion Studio dongle will run DaVinci Resolve 16 and the DaVinci Resolve dongle will run Fusion Studio 16
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Jonas Nyström

PostMon Oct 07, 2019 3:42 pm

Thank you, Peter!

(I will interpret your answer as "The Fusion Studio dongle will run DaVinci Resolve 16 *Studio* and the DaVinci Resolve *Studio* dongle will run Fusion Studio 16" :D )

// Jonas

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Oct 09, 2019 5:35 am

correct
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

joshua.d.taft

PostWed Oct 23, 2019 11:13 pm

Do we know if there's any plan to also give this support for people who have a software license for Resolve Studio? There seems to be a lot of question around this given a dongle is the same price as a license, but many resolve users can't seem to use fusion studio 16 with their existing resolve license.

Timber

PostMon Oct 28, 2019 6:46 pm

I have a Studio dongle and am using both Resolve and Fusion, and need the full Fusion. Is the best practice to uninstall Fusion 9 and install Connect, to use both Fusion 16 and Resolve 16.1 together? Is there any reason NOT to do that?

Timber

PostSun Nov 03, 2019 3:59 am

The answer I've found is, especially on a laptop, keep Fusion 9 installed, because it'll run standalone without a dongle, unlike Resolve or Fusion Studio, and you might need to do some simple work quickly.

yashgoyal

PostSun Jun 26, 2022 8:17 pm

I am wondering that will it work with a digital activation key too? Suppose I don't have a dongle but a key and serial no. for resolve studio, so can I use both using the same key and how is it possible?

Return to DaVinci Resolve