ATEM Mini Live Stream Box

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Joseppi5

ATEM Mini Live Stream Box

PostTue Oct 08, 2019 11:18 pm

Hey guys,

I'm seeing the new ATEM mini, read some reviews, seen some videos, but I'm not seeing a specific question answered. Firstly, I have no experience with ATEM Software Control, or else I may know this.

When using the ATEM Mini, I know you can make the HDMI output either a program out, or any of the inputs. However, most switchers have a preview multi-cam monitor output, where I can view all inputs and see what's on preview and program.

Does this unit/software have a multi preview mode for that HDMI output as well? Or is it just program and inputs?

I hope that makes sense. Basically, this little unit would be great for my small church setup, however, I'd really want to have a preview monitor will have all inputs on the screen to look at, like normal.

Thanks

Xtreemtec

Re: ATEM Mini Live Stream Box

PostWed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm

No this unit has NO multiviewer. This mixer is kind of intended for small streaming setups like Gamers with a few fixed camera angles. that don't need a multiviewer.

If you need a multiviewer you better get the TVS HD. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

ricardo marty

PostWed Oct 09, 2019 3:47 pm

Joseppi5 wrote:Hey guys,

I'm seeing the new ATEM mini, read some reviews, seen some videos, but I'm not seeing a specific question answered. Firstly, I have no experience with ATEM Software Control, or else I may know this.

When using the ATEM Mini, I know you can make the HDMI output either a program out, or any of the inputs. However, most switchers have a preview multi-cam monitor output, where I can view all inputs and see what's on preview and program.

Does this unit/software have a multi preview mode for that HDMI output as well? Or is it just program and inputs?

I hope that makes sense. Basically, this little unit would be great for my small church setup, however, I'd really want to have a preview monitor will have all inputs on the screen to look at, like normal.

Thanks

for preview, you can use the older video assist 5 inch. (or any other that have the same capability) they have HDMI input and HDMI output.

You connect the camera to the VA and the VA to the atem mini. One per each channel, then maybe the new VA if tou want to record in Braw or any monitor for the program.

Ricardo Marty
DVR_S 18.5, Asus ProArt PD5, 2.5 GHz i7 16-Core 64GB of 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM GeForce RTX 3070 1TB M.2 NVMe Window 11, LenovoLegion 2.6 i7 10750h 2.6, 64gb 3200mhz, rtx 2060, 1tb ssd M.2 Win 11 BenQ PD3420Q, Sony FS700R, Bmp4k, Sony A6700. PreSonus AudioBox

Joseppi5

PostWed Oct 09, 2019 6:36 pm

Great. Thanks all!

Xtreemtec

PostWed Oct 09, 2019 7:32 pm

ricardo marty wrote:
for preview, you can use the older video assist 5 inch. (or any other that have the same capability) they have HDMI input and HDMI output.

You connect the camera to the VA and the VA to the atem mini. One per each channel, then maybe the new VA if tou want to record in Braw or any monitor for the program.

Ricardo Marty

4 VA 5" cost more then a TVS HD, But with the TVS HD you get 4 HDMI in, 4SDI in, (non scaling oke got a point there) aux output, audio on XLR. and a nice Multiviewer output on HDMI. :lol: :lol:

The Atem mini will work in some situations, And in other situations it is better to go for a bigger atem.. All depends on your needs. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Andrew Martin

PostWed Oct 09, 2019 8:13 pm

You can set the HDMI output on the mini to preview, so you have an idea of the shot before taking it live to air. This all presumes you are using the USB webcam output to stream / record to a connected PC, and not wanting to record program from the HDMI out.

From my mobile using Tapatalk

ricardo marty

PostWed Oct 09, 2019 8:26 pm

Xtreemtec wrote:
ricardo marty wrote:

Ricardo Marty

4 VA 5" cost more then a TVS HD, But with the TVS HD you get 4 HDMI in, 4SDI in, (non scaling oke got a point there) aux output, audio on XLR. and a nice Multiviewer output on HDMI. :lol: :lol:

The Atem mini will work in some situations, And in other situations it is better to go for a bigger atem.. All depends on your needs. ;)

Granted, But with the old VA you can get professional monitoring and high-quality recording to any camera in ProRes or DNxHD. They cost less than $500. ea. So you connect each camera to va and then to the atem mini. and for the program any other monitor you want.

Ricardo Marty
DVR_S 18.5, Asus ProArt PD5, 2.5 GHz i7 16-Core 64GB of 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM GeForce RTX 3070 1TB M.2 NVMe Window 11, LenovoLegion 2.6 i7 10750h 2.6, 64gb 3200mhz, rtx 2060, 1tb ssd M.2 Win 11 BenQ PD3420Q, Sony FS700R, Bmp4k, Sony A6700. PreSonus AudioBox

Return to Live Production