Running scripts from "Comp" folder

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

DeddyII

Running scripts from "Comp" folder

PostWed Oct 09, 2019 9:32 am

Hello,

As I understand I should be able to run scripts outside the DaVinci - with that I mean, clicking on script file or GUI.

I have looked into topics and videos but I don't understand why that isn't working. I placed example script that they provide to that "Comp" folder so it's also shown at Fusion -> Script. But when clicking on script or triggering it from Fusion menu, it says: ImportError: No module named python_get_resolve

But when I drag same script from Examples folder, it works, but only with dragging to Fusion console. When I click on script on that Example folder it says: Unable to find module DaVinciResolveScript from $PYTHONPATH - trying default locations
Unable to find module DaVinciResolveScript - please ensure that the module DaVinciResolveScript is discoverable by python

I have python installed and running Studio version.

Anyone have ideas how to solve this problem?

Igor Riđanović

Re: Running scripts from "Comp" folder

PostWed Oct 16, 2019 9:19 pm

Your script in comp directory does not know where the python_get_resolve.py module is located.

You can solve this by either using imp to import the module from it's default path, or you can move the module to the comp directory.

Tip: there is zero Resolve-centric discussion on the dev subforum. All the scripting talk is on the main Resolve subforum as well as Steak Underwater forum.
www.metafide.com - DaVinci Resolve™ Apps

DeddyII

Re: Running scripts from "Comp" folder

PostFri Oct 25, 2019 10:21 am

Igor Riđanović wrote:Your script in comp directory does not know where the python_get_resolve.py module is located.

You can solve this by either using imp to import the module from it's default path, or you can move the module to the comp directory.

Tip: there is zero Resolve-centric discussion on the dev subforum. All the scripting talk is on the main Resolve subforum as well as Steak Underwater forum.

That fixed the problem. Thank you very much.

Return to DaVinci Resolve