UltraStudio 4K price reduced to US$995

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Christine Peterson

UltraStudio 4K price reduced to US$995

PostFri Jun 07, 2013 2:55 pm

Blackmagic Design today announced a new lower price on its popular UltraStudio 4K to US$995.

UltraStudio 4K is the world’s most advanced Thunderbolt capture and playback solution that features 6G-SDI and HDMI 4K video connections so it can work in Ultra HD and 4K video formats. UltraStudio 4K is a compact and attractive single rack unit design with a wide range of rear connectors for almost any type of video and audio connection available. The front panel is a machined aluminum design that features an integrated color LCD as well as fast to use video and audio input buttons. UltraStudio 4K is attractive so it’s perfect for desktop as well as rack mount use. UltraStudio 4K can take advantage of long Thunderbolt cables that can be up to 30 meters away from the host computer.

To learn more, please visit: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/press/p ... seID=41650
Christine Peterson

(Previously Community Relations Manager for Blackmagic Design)

Jerry Hatfield

Re: UltraStudio 4K price reduced to US$995

PostSun Jun 16, 2013 9:23 am

Christine, it is nice that the item has been lowered in price but it still doesn't give me information as to what motherboard was used to certify the UltraStudio 4k. I have asked Josh and I sent an email to Dan Mays. Nobody wants to let go of this information. I have been trying to get accurate information from Blackmagic Design well before NAB. The information provided is inaccurate. The catalog states MAC and PC functionality and the website states just MAC.
http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/product ... /techspecs

Which is it? This is very poor presale customer service. I am now looking at the AJA card and the 4k Extreme card...which is the same price as the Thunderbolt product.
How about some help here! I'm not asking for trade secrets just the correct motherboard to actually get this item to work.

Return to Announcements