BMD URSA Broadcast Qs

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

rogersuski

BMD URSA Broadcast Qs

PostFri Nov 01, 2019 4:42 pm

Has the newest firmware solved the issue of having the internal recorder read the TC incoming from the ATEM return?

Is it possible to trigger internal recording on the URSA from anywhere besides the camera itself (like the color grading panel, or some other method)?

pederdingo

Re: BMD URSA Broadcast Qs

PostSat Nov 02, 2019 12:53 am

The next firmware is said to be able to read TC from return SDI, and it should be out in November (yey! :D )
Gary Adams said it was basically done so I'm hoping it's early November.

You can't trigger recording from the camera control panel, but you can use:

The camera itself
The VTR button on the lens
The VTR button on the demand set
The Bluetooth app (I havent tried this, but judging from the Ursa Mini photos this should work)

There is also a LANC input on the camera - I don't know how far the cable can be, but that might be able to record from a distance using a LANC controller with a REC button.

Xtreemtec

PostSun Nov 03, 2019 3:17 pm

You Can trigger remote recording by SDI. But the function is not implemented into the Atem, Atem Control panel or whatever.

But the SDI shield is able to do it. ;)

The new Firmware for the UB promises a lot of good fixes. Let them take the time to get it Right. ;) At least we know they are working on it now and some update is coming. :D
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

rogersuski

PostMon Nov 04, 2019 5:10 pm

I'm all for the firmware to take its time to mature. It is heartening to learn of future enhancements. I am in the middle of planning for a studio build/quote. I am trying to balance designing to overcome current limitations vs. thinking the current issues will be resolved by a "future release" where "we're not gonna tell you when or what." Budget is a bit tight, so I'd rather not spend on a solution to solve a current limitation. :)

Tim Schumann

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Nov 06, 2019 9:15 pm

Yes 6.7 has the SDI timecode locking feature that we added in the G2.

Basically if you are sending an SDI return feed with a valid timecode track and matched frame rate the camera will automatically lock to the external timecode on the incoming SDI signal. When this happens a small 'EXT' logo appears up near the timecode on the 4" LCD heads up display to show you that you are locked to the external code.

Return to Live Production