BRAW 1.5.1 Color Grading Problem - Raw settings glitch

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

damonbiv

BRAW 1.5.1 Color Grading Problem - Raw settings glitch

PostSat Oct 26, 2019 8:53 pm

I shot a music video with the Black Magic Pocket Cinema 6k in 6144 x 2460 @23.98 and 48fps.  Edited the footage and now that it's time to grade, the braw settings keep giving me this glitch (in attached image) I cut the project with proxies, in grading I turned off the proxies. 

At random, when I'm trying to edit the braw settings, I get this "aaaaaaaaaa" glitch in the braw fields.  I restart premiere, open the project again, and it goes away on one of the clips, then appears in another.  I'm at a complete standstill with the project.  Sometimes, I'll be able to edit the braw settings, add a lumetri grade, and then it breaks.  

Weird part: If I don't save the project after the clips break and reopen the project, the clips are still broken.  This makes me think it has something to do with the metadata. 

I've tried reformatting my machine, reinstalling premiere, clearing plist, clearing cache, I've used other footage from another clip and received the same results.  I've spoken to black magic about the problem and they're stumped. 

System specs:
Mac OS 10.14.6
Premiere 13.1.5
Mac Pro 2013 
32gb Ram
Dual D500 Firepros

Footage is on separate raid drive. 

Has anyone had this problem?  Yes, Resolve is probably better working with BRAW, yes I tried the clips in Resolve and it worked.  No, I can't edit this project in Resolve.  

Thanks!

CaptainHook

Blackmagic Design

Re: BRAW 1.5.1 Color Grading Problem - Raw settings glitch

PostMon Oct 28, 2019 7:09 pm

Hi, was this Premiere project created after you installed Blackmagic RAW 1.5.1 or before?
Do you still get the issue if you copy some of the footage from your raid to your internal storage?
Can you send me the project file you used with the sample Pocket 6K footage to reproduce the issue?
Thanks.
**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

damonbiv

PostMon Nov 04, 2019 5:41 pm

CaptainHook,
Thanks for the reply and my apologies for the late reply, I've been out of the country without internet access, before I could get you the assets. I spoke with the BlackMagic team in California as well and they said to work with you. I downloaded BRAW 1.5.2, I'm going to uninstall premiere, 1.5.1 and reinstall everything, try that, and if I'm still having the issue, I will send you all the assets. Thank you!

damonbiv

PostTue Nov 05, 2019 1:09 am

The project was created with BRAW 1.5 I believe, then updated.

After uninstalling Premiere, updating to the newest version of Premiere that just came out and installing braw 1.5.2, I am still getting the same "aaaaaaaaa" error. I also cleared all my cache folders. Albeit, Premiere seems to be handling the footage much better in playback and cutting. It's much smoother and I'm not experiencing crashes.

I offlined one of the trouble clips and took it off my raid and onto my local SSD and tried reconnecting it, I'm still getting the same error "aaaaaaa"

I did notice that all the media is now locked when I hit get info. The clips that are being used in my timeline are locked, while the clips that aren't in the timeline seemed to not be locked. I checked the permissions of the clip and Admin has read permissions only.

I unlocked the clips, changed the Admin permissions to read and write, cleared the cached and reopened the project. I'm still getting the same issue.

How can I send you a clip and project file? Should I dropbox it? I'm also more than happy to setup a call around your hours. I'm in Los Angeles, PT zone.

Here's a screenshot of the locked files if it helps:

CaptainHook

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Nov 05, 2019 7:01 pm

Hi, can you make a project with a single small clip that reproduces the issue, and zip and send that through? Wetransfer, dropbox, google drive, etc is fine.

Thanks!
**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Dennis Sørensen

PostWed Nov 06, 2019 12:49 am

Hi Damon.

I think I have the same problem. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=102004

Return to Post Production