TVS HDMI CELabs distro issue

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

sharyn

TVS HDMI CELabs distro issue

PostFri Sep 14, 2012 6:29 am

I have a CE Labs HA8 HDMI distro 1x8 that works great with all my DVD players supports 1080I and 1080P
It will NOT pass any signal from my TVS no matter how it connect, restart etc.; ANY IDEAS as to why? I can see the issue with TVS Inputs, but OUTPUTS???

its is a brand new tested distro from CE labs

thanks
Sharyn

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

Re: TVS HDMI CELabs distro issue

PostFri Sep 14, 2012 7:07 pm

Make sure you connect the output of the TVS to the input on the distro first. Then to the primary output connect one device. See if signal passes there. This should handshake the two devices and allow other devices to be connected to the outputs. HDMI/DVI splitting can be odd as not all devices handshake the same and sometimes you need to connect 1 to 1 first, then add the rest.
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

sharyn

PostSat Sep 15, 2012 10:26 pm

I connected it exactly as you suggested, with no success. I have tested it with a variety of different hdmi inputs and and outputs and everything works fine EXCEPT the TVS. I had send the CE labs unit back to them, they tested it and fount no fault with the unit, but sent me a fully tested brand new replacement, still no success. In their opinion there is something on the TVS hdmi output that is not quite right. I would be happy to send you the CE LABS unit for you to test at BMD.

Thanks
Sharyn

Liam Kennedy

PostSat Sep 15, 2012 10:33 pm

Just as a fail-safe test... have you tried the TVS in 720p mode (which the CELabs unit also supports)? Just wondering if it's a 1080 issue.
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

sharyn

PostSat Sep 15, 2012 11:21 pm

Let me try that again, my recent tests have all be 1080i
Sharyn

sharyn

PostSat Sep 15, 2012 11:49 pm

Just tried it again 720p no luck. I remember that was the first thing Ce Labs asked me to try , as they said that is the "basic" HDMI

So at least on my TVS there still is an issue, (direct connect to my tv/monitor works fine with TVS)

Sharyn

Liam Kennedy

PostSun Sep 16, 2012 12:15 am

That does seem rather bizarre. So you connect the TVS's HDMI output to an HDMI monitor = works? But connect the TVS's HDMI output to the CELabs = Doesn't work?
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

sharyn

PostSun Sep 16, 2012 7:30 am

Exactly, tvs directly to the TV works fine, TVS via the distro, nothing.
All the other HDMI devices work with the tv.

I wonder if some how this is related to problems with trying to connect TVS to a monitor via HDMI to DVi??

Sharyn

sharyn

PostWed Sep 19, 2012 3:55 am

I wonder if Joshua Helling might be able to help with this. I have taken akll the suggestions, on sequence of connection and there is no success, the ATEM TVS directly connected to the TV works, via the CE Labs there is no output. It looks like there is something that something in the Handshake on the TVS that has an issue.. Every other device I connect to the CE labs works great.

Be glad to send the CE Labs to BMD for them, to look at.
Sharyn

Return to Live Production