Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Frames missing in my Fusion composition?

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

jacobw56

Frames missing in my Fusion composition?

PostThu Nov 07, 2019 6:53 pm

I made a fusion comp that's sitting over some video. The Fusion comp has an opaque background with some text that animates around a little. Everything is good except there are a few frames where the Fusion comp disappears for one frame and I can see the video underneath, even after render. I checked the Fusion comp to see if it corresponded with a key frame or something, but it doesn't, and the background is merged in the last mode before the mediaOut so I don't see how it could be getting stepped on. Has anyone had this behavior? I'm new to DaVinci from Adobe so I'm thinking I'm just missing a setting somewhere.

jacobw56

Re: Frames missing in my Fusion composition?

PostThu Nov 07, 2019 8:49 pm

Apparently this is an issue in the timeline. If I move to the dropped frame in my timeline in "Edit" I get either a black frame (with the comp cut into Video 1) or the frame "under" the comp (with the comp in Video 2). However when I'm in the Fusion tab, I see the correct frame from the fusion composition. I have tried a few things to fix it but I think the only thing that works is to do the title in another project, render, then move it into my main project - but this is a pretty awful workflow since I like to do titles while being able to test them in the timeline...

jacobw56

Re: Frames missing in my Fusion composition?

PostFri Nov 08, 2019 5:06 pm

Well, I have a workaround if anyone else runs into similar issues: Go to the Fusion menu and Render All Savers (I should have thought of this sooner?). For me so far it crashes every time I do this, regardless of the content of the comp, so save your work (duh?). Then I restart Resolve and repeat, the second time it renders fine and everything works perfectly now. Seems weird to me, but at least it works.

Return to Fusion