Another UltraStudio 4k Mini Question

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

rogersuski

Another UltraStudio 4k Mini Question

PostFri Nov 08, 2019 1:25 am

I'm also keen to find definitive answer about the key/fill abilities of the US 4k mini. An additional question I have is if the UltraStudio 4k MIni is simultaneously bi-directional?

My potential use case is to use the US 4k Mini to accept a 4k switch ahead of Wirecast. Use Wirecast to access processing, graphics, and the remote guest feature (make a webcam call). The send the Wirecast composite out to a monitor/record via the US 4k Mini.

If it isn't, could I expect to have two of these devices on the TB3 bus and not have any problems (given a properly spec'd computer host?)

Dave Del Vecchio

Re: Another UltraStudio 4k Mini Question

PostSat Nov 09, 2019 5:56 am

I think the UltraStudio 4K Mini is probably full duplex (allowing for independent input and output signals), because all of the 4K DeckLink and UltraStudio devices so far have been full duplex. There is also a note in the DeckLink SDK documentation that non-4K DeckLink devices are half-duplex (can operate as input or output, but not both simultaneously).

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to use the new UltraStudio 4K Mini yet. If anyone has access to one, it should be pretty easy to check whether it is full duplex. The full duplex models have an option in the Desktop Video Setup utility software to configure whether the video output displays the input video or the playback video during capture.

Return to Live Production