How to determine stabilization done

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Motospace

How to determine stabilization done

PostFri Nov 15, 2019 9:35 pm

This question is very simple: you apply the stabilization in Edit tab using Inspector. You do the same to several clips and then want to do the doublecheck which clips were stabilized. How to determine that in the Inspector, as the Stabilize button, which turns blank after stabilization done to the clip, after some time becomes active again for the same clip?

Best, Mike.
DR17, DELL M6800 i7, Nvidia quadro K3100M 4 GB, 16 GB RAM, Win 10 - simple yet very effective.

deBabba

Re: How to determine stabilization done

PostSat Nov 16, 2019 5:18 pm

There is no other way than to check the inspector for every single clip by opening the detail für stabilisation and check whether the Stabilze Button is grey or not. I've been annoyed about that issue many times :cry:

Even worse, if a already stabilized clip is extended for whatever reason, let's say for half a second in order to fit to a voice over, the stabi zoom jumps to zero for the extended portion whithout any notification.

There is no indication to the user that this clip has to be stabilized again.
The system should rerun the stabi automatically or at least ask the user if to do so.

Many times those unstabilized subsequenzes are recognized first after final rendering.
- I7-7700K@4,7GHz, 32GB@3600MHz, Intel HD630 + Geforce RTX2070 8GB, 960Evo 1TB(M.2)
- Sony RX100M4, RX10M3, Phantom 4pro (UHDp60)
- Win 10 Pro latest patch
- Resolve 18.5 (Studio)
cheers, Andi

Motospace

Re: How to determine stabilization done

PostSat Nov 16, 2019 10:38 pm

Seems that I am not alone :) But there is a workaround for this - doing the stabilization in Fusion. But there you have a bazillion clips to choose from as every single effect produces its own additional clip. We can always make some notes - which clip has been stabilized - but is it a digital video editing? :)

Best,
Mike
DR17, DELL M6800 i7, Nvidia quadro K3100M 4 GB, 16 GB RAM, Win 10 - simple yet very effective.

Return to DaVinci Resolve