Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion 9 Studio dongle not working

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

rooftop21

Fusion 9 Studio dongle not working

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 3:48 pm

Hi there,

Please can you help me fix this license issues.

many thanks,
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-12-12 at 16.42.jpg
Screenshot 2019-12-12 at 16.42.jpg (359.91 KiB) Viewed 1344 times

Tomek Kosiorek

Re: Fusion 9 Studio dongle not working

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 7:19 pm

I have this issue when I play music by Audirvana.
Apple Mac Studio 2023, 64 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 4TB External SSD, 8TB LaCie RAID 0, Fusion Studio 18.6.6, Davinci Resolve Studio 18.6.6

Bryan Ray

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 8:31 pm

That's new information Tomek; thanks. I'll try to remember to test that conflict soon. What platform does that happen on for you?

The Synology Cloudstation service has been shown to interfere with Fusion's licensing system on Windows, but I haven't yet heard of it being a problem on Mac (I assume you're on Mac based on that screenshot, but you didn't say).

Try the dongle in a different USB port, especially if you currently have it plugged into a hub or a Thunderbolt-connected device. One user reported that the dongle doesn't work when plugged into his Thunderbolt monitor, but it does when plugged directly into his computer.

If that doesn't help, try it on a different system if you have one available. If it doesn't work on a different computer, then it's possible the dongle itself is either damaged or counterfeit. I'm not sure how widespread the counterfeiting was, but we know that some have shown up in the secondary market. Some dongles just stop working after a while for no discernible reason. I have one of those on my desk right now, in fact.

If it does work elsewhere but doesn't work on any USB port on the problem computer, then it's likely to be a configuration issue of some kind. Have you been able to start Fusion Studio successfully on that system in the past? If so, then something you installed recently may be interfering. Try restoring to an earlier configuration and see if you can narrow down what is causing the error.
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

Tomek Kosiorek

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 9:03 pm

That's new information Tomek; thanks. I'll try to remember to test that conflict soon. What platform does that happen on for you?

Mac Pro Late 2013 macOS Mojave 10.14.6 and newest Audirvana 3.5.28 (I think it's a conflict with sys optimiser built in Audirvana)
Apple Mac Studio 2023, 64 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 4TB External SSD, 8TB LaCie RAID 0, Fusion Studio 18.6.6, Davinci Resolve Studio 18.6.6

rooftop21

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 9:56 pm

just new update catalina and now working all

Return to Fusion