I changed to the BMCC MFT, now I'm upset

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Jules Bushell

I changed to the BMCC MFT, now I'm upset

PostWed Sep 19, 2012 5:12 pm

Hi,

I swapped over my pre-order at CVP from the EF mount version to the MFT version of the Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera.

I'm upset like I lost a new born, and now having to conceive another. The already excruciating wait for the BMCC will now be even longer. I think I made the right decision since I don't own any Canon lenses, just some old Nikkor primes, so having to buy a batch of new lenses anyway. Also I got so used to waiting, I figure why not wait a little longer?

Anyone else do the same? Are there any good reasons, that make me feel better that I made the right decision?

Cheers,
Jules :'-(
Jules Bushell
url: www.nonmultiplexcinema.com
url: www.filmmeansbusiness.com
url: www.blurtheline.co.uk

Andrew Usher

Re: I changed to the BMCC MFT, now I'm upset

PostWed Sep 19, 2012 5:47 pm

I didnt swap, as i have Canon glass, but my plan is to potentially order the MFT mount version next year, as waiting for two would kill me, :D . I sent a twitter to CVP today to see if there was any update on shipping, to which they replied they haven't heard anything. Really hoping we will start to see it being rolled out sooner than later, but if we need to wait, we need to wait .

A.

Jules Bushell

PostWed Sep 19, 2012 7:24 pm

Cheers Andrew,

At least I'm not as upset as much as this guy about the BMCC:

Jules
Jules Bushell
url: www.nonmultiplexcinema.com
url: www.filmmeansbusiness.com
url: www.blurtheline.co.uk

Eric Santiago

PostWed Sep 19, 2012 7:55 pm

At the forum I frequent, people are claiming to have cancelled their order due to the GH3.
I have no desire for that type of camera.
I will wait it out till the cows come home ;)

Andrew Usher

PostWed Sep 19, 2012 8:03 pm

Eric Santiago wrote:At the forum I frequent, people are claiming to have cancelled their order due to the GH3.
I have no desire for that type of camera.
I will wait it out till the cows come home ;)

Yeah, i am on that forum also, been interesting with all the talk of moving to the GH3. I am happy with a purchase of the BMCC, and know the reasons why i want to purchase, but other forums, including this one now, seem to have a few bodies discontent. I understand the frustration with shipping, but some of the clutter forums are getting clogged with are detracting from the good posts, and the main reason some of us are on these forums. As adults and professionals we should be able to keep forums civil at the very least.

Nick Bedford

PostWed Sep 19, 2012 10:01 pm

It is a little bit excruciating for those of us (I'm one) who can't afford a shootable set up with the next raw camera up, the RED Scarlet-X.
Nick Bedford, Photographer
http://www.nickbedford.com/

Eric Santiago

PostThu Sep 20, 2012 3:04 am

Nick Bedford wrote:It is a little bit excruciating for those of us (I'm one) who can't afford a shootable set up with the next raw camera up, the RED Scarlet-X.

Hehe but it sure puts a perspective on things when you hit the RED store ;)
That is a total life changer trust me, I work with a RED MX and no where near the financial backing to hold one personally :(

Toby Angwin

PostThu Sep 20, 2012 3:11 am

I'm not upset at all. It felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders as I now I'm getting a camera I didn't have to make huge compromises for.

I changed my order to the MFT the minute it was announced. I did it so fast that Videoguys here in Melbourne couldn't officially do it or acknowledge the camera as they hadn't got the official word!

I have had to hide my Wooden Camera cage though. It looks to bare and lonely.
Toby Angwin - Director/Compositor

http://www.soupkitchenfilms.net
@soupkitchen on Twitter
http://vimeo.com/soupkitchen

Return to Cinematography