Setting time zone through Bluetooth Camera Control (BMPCC4K)

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Max-Joseph

Setting time zone through Bluetooth Camera Control (BMPCC4K)

PostMon Jan 06, 2020 10:30 pm

Hi!
I've successfully managed to send a few commands through the Camera Control Protocol via Bluetooth like changing focus, setting the time and location and a few other things. Seems like a great and powerful tool, thanks for this open API!

However, I'm having problems changing the time zone over bluetooth, specifically with my Pocket Cinema Camera 4K.
I can change the time and date with no problems but when I send a packet to change the time zone as specified by the documentation with the 7.2 command, nothing happens (time zone in the settings remains unchanged).
An example of such a packet would be this (0x3C = 60 minutes for UTC+01:00):

Code: Select all
[0xFF, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00, 0x07, 0x02, 0x03, 0x00, 0x3C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00]

Aside from this, I also noticed that the time zone setting on the BMPCC 4K (at least on mine) generally seems to be kinda buggy:

When the time zone is set to a non-whole number of hours (e.g. like GMT+03:30 or GMT+05:30) and then turned off, it will automatically be set back by 1.5 hours (respectively GMT+02:00 and GMT+04:00) after powered on again, everytime!
I am running the newest firmware.

Is this a known issue? Am I doing something wrong? Is my camera faulty?

Max-Joseph

Re: Setting time zone through Bluetooth Camera Control (BMPC

PostSat Jan 18, 2020 12:59 am

No information at all on this?
The 7.2 command still doesn't work.

Return to Software Developers