Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Beginner question for fusion

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

superkoax

Beginner question for fusion

PostFri Jan 03, 2020 1:32 pm

Hello

I have recently started to work with Davinci Resolve 16. I have watched alot of videos and found som cool features I want to use for mye future videos.
I have come over an issue regarding Fusion compisition. And this is where my beginner side shows up because I have tried to figure this out myself. Searched the forum, Google and YouTube for answers.

After I have opened up a new project I start adding a fusion composition to the timeline. I then go to fusion to make some motion graphics or text animations for this compostion. If I then go back to the elite view and add a movie clip. I adjust the Fusion Composition to the movie. When I click on the Fusion composition and the go back to the fusion panel all the nodes and everything I have made is missing.

What have I done wrong? Is all of the Fusion Composition work I have done lost?

If this question has been asked before...I am sorry...Please direct me to the right thread

Thanks for your time.

Gerry

Igor Riđanović

Re: Beginner question for fusion

PostMon Jan 06, 2020 6:50 pm

If you're adding another clip on the Edit page timeline and clicking the Fusion button you may be creating a new Fusion clip with that new clip instead of entering your existing Fusion clip.
www.metafide.com - DaVinci Resolve™ Apps

Frank Engel

PostTue Jan 07, 2020 12:20 am

Agreed, that is the most likely explanation.

When you switch to the Fusion page, it automatically shows the composition on the topmost edit-ready track of the timeline which contains a clip, even if that clip doesn't already have a composition attached to it - in that case, it will create one as needed.

From within the Fusion page you can switch compositions using the "Clips" panel - click "Clips" along the top of the Resolve window (while in the Fusion page) and it will show up along the bottom. Just about any standard clip in the Resolve timeline can host a Fusion composition.

superkoax

PostTue Jan 07, 2020 11:41 am

Thank you so much for kind replies. I will try this later on today. Have a great day :)

Return to Fusion