ATEM Switcher SuperSource Boxes (Delay & Crop)

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

pathfinderchurch

ATEM Switcher SuperSource Boxes (Delay & Crop)

PostTue Jan 14, 2020 5:04 pm

Hi,
I have been having this issue with the super source on 2 switchers that we have/have had. (4 ME Broadcast & 2 ME Original 1080) The boxes in supersource have a delay of what appears to be 1 frame more than that of the art layer, or any other layer on the switcher. The boxes also do not show the whole frame, even when crop is off, they cut off the outer 1-2 pixels all the way around each of the boxes. The DVE does not do this, but sadly, the 4ME only has 1 DVE for everything on the switcher. My question is, is there a fix for these problems?

Xtreemtec

Re: ATEM Switcher SuperSource Boxes (Delay & Crop)

PostTue Jan 14, 2020 5:32 pm

Supersource and DVE use 1 Frame extra. This is known and is due too internal processing. ;)

1 or 2 pixels not sure.. Have you enabled a border?
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

pathfinderchurch

PostTue Jan 14, 2020 6:26 pm

Duly noted on the delay issue... Kinda annoying, but oh well.
As for the Cropping, no, there are no borders, or anything on, it is just scaled, but even if it isn't and you try to fill the super source with a box, there is an edge all the way around that isn't covering the background. Or, if you size a dve up, then assign the ME to the background layer of supersource, then copy the DVE's parameters to a supersource box manually, you can see the edge reduction there too.

Daniel Binder

PostTue Jan 14, 2020 9:14 pm

pathfinderchurch wrote:As for the Cropping, no, there are no borders, or anything on, it is just scaled, but even if it isn't and you try to fill the super source with a box, there is an edge all the way around that isn't covering the background. Or, if you size a dve up, then assign the ME to the background layer of supersource, then copy the DVE's parameters to a supersource box manually, you can see the edge reduction there too.

yes, that's unfortunately a thing (on our 4m/e as well)... basically it means whenever you need to use supersource with background, you always need to have the background in the foreground (with transparent cut-outs). (that's our workaround)

cheers,
daniel

Return to Live Production