postgresql version > 9.5

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

postprod-walterfilms

postgresql version > 9.5

PostMon Jan 20, 2020 4:35 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here or maybe some blackmagic gurus have ever tried to set up a davinci database on postgresql 11 or 12 ?

I wonder what would cause an issue, and also some new improvements (see Administration subsection) would let the reindex and cleanup of database while using it. which would probably be interesting for davinci.

Thanks,

Seth Goldin

Re: postgresql version > 9.5

PostMon Jan 20, 2020 5:17 pm

It's likely not necessary. The `reindexdb` command in 9.5.20 can be run safely on the server even if clients are connected. For a normal database size, it's so fast you wouldn't notice it. I don't think `vacuumdb` affects writes.
https://www.sethgoldin.com

postprod-walterfilms

Re: postgresql version > 9.5

PostThu Jan 23, 2020 4:58 pm

well i have about 8 different databases,

1 is for Archives, than i try not to feel all the others divided by customers, but it happened to me that optimizing databases at the same time brought me into a downtime and all databases unreachable for 5to 10min.

very strange i must agree. there was something wrong with one of the database and optimizing in the middle of the day is probably not the most recommended, something wrong with systemd timers, i switched to cron ;)

problem got solved after that and i pushed the daily optimize script to the middle of the night but still i'm still wondering if the new versions of postgresql would improve stability and performances or just bring absolute incompatibility and mess.

I would love to try myself but i got lazy on those tests lately... :/

Return to DaVinci Resolve