Bug fixes and Feature requests

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Noemis

Bug fixes and Feature requests

PostThu Jan 23, 2020 12:41 pm

I have a hard time to believe that we live in 2020 now and resolve still does not properly scale on high DPI monitors on windows. I must perform workarounds, and tricks to get the UI scale ‘workable’ on a 4K 32” monitor. The scale this way is good, but all text still looks fuzzy and many UI elements ar not sharp this way.

PLEASE make the UI scalable. Give a slider or small – medium – large UI scale options in the preferences menu.

The eyedropper does not work on windows. Please resolve this issue.

I would like to see the ability to copy/past SINGLE FX without completely overwriting existing FX. (Both in edit page, OpenFX, and in the fairlight tab on channel strips.)
If I copy the FX using ctrl-c and ctrl+alt-V using paste attributes. It replaces existing FX on the clip/track. This is outrageous to me. Please enable me to copy and paste individual FX and parameters to other clips/tracks.

Also copying single parameters like font, color, or an openFX parameter like blur scale etc, just select one parameter and paste in where needed.

I also would love to see the ability to have compressors on submix busses in fairlight.
Being able to copy paste parameters to submix busses.
And being able to keyframe a track volume using keyframes just like with clips. Not using the record slider method. Just simple keyframing like there is with clips.

Also the ability to keyframe more parameters like OpenFX parameters, like blur scale for example (and many others.)
I also greatly miss the ability to keyframe a mask/power window path/shape SEPERATELY from mask softness and other parameters.

I really enjoy working with resolve but these issues are a great pain and slow my workflow. It would be very greatly appreciated if these things are resolved and implemented.

Jim Simon

Re: Bug fixes and Feature requests

PostThu Jan 23, 2020 3:28 pm

Display Scaling should always be set to 100%. Resolve works fine when you do it right.

For Feature Requests, there is a dedicated section. I recommend one request per thread. Makes it easier to keep the conversation on topic.

viewforum.php?f=33
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Noemis

Re: Bug fixes and Feature requests

PostThu Jan 23, 2020 3:58 pm

Jim Simon wrote:Display Scaling should always be set to 100%. Resolve works fine when you do it right.

For Feature Requests, there is a dedicated section. I recommend one request per thread. Makes it easier to keep the conversation on topic.

viewforum.php?f=33

But at 100% The UI is way to small (On a high DPI monitor). I would like to have it at 150% and still maintain the sharpness that 4K can offer.

Thanks for your tip on the feature requests. I will do so.

Return to DaVinci Resolve