frame IO offline alternative

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Rick van den Berg

frame IO offline alternative

PostWed Feb 12, 2020 12:40 pm

I like alot of functions which frame IO offers, like catagorizing footage, add keywords/tags, etc. I have a big qnap server, is there some kind of alternative which is not cloud-based, but works with our own server?

Reynaud Venter

Re: frame IO offline alternative

PostSun Feb 23, 2020 9:19 am

The Studio edition of Resolve provides a collaborative workflow for similar offline workflows.

DaVinci Resolve Studio 16 collaboration with QNAP NAS.

twainrichardson

PostSun Feb 23, 2020 8:40 pm

Rick van den Berg wrote:I like alot of functions which frame IO offers, like catagorizing footage, add keywords/tags, etc. I have a big qnap server, is there some kind of alternative which is not cloud-based, but works with our own server?

I have a QNAP TVS1282T that I run the database for Resolve on and use the collaboration features. The link below will instruct you on how to do the install

Link
https://www.qnap.com/en-au/how-to/tutor ... 15-studio/
2023 16' MBPro/M3 Max/48GB/macOS Sonoma
Output: UltraStudio 4K Mini, Desktop Video 12.4.2

Rick van den Berg

PostMon Feb 24, 2020 6:18 pm

Thanks but i think i wasn't really clear, im not per se looking for a way to collaborate in resolve. I'm looking for something to manage assets, add keywords etc in the pre-edit phase. So basically create a database where i can just type some keywords and find footage instantly

In resolve, you cant add any kind of metadata to footage without importing it first. Theoretically i can import the complete server, but that would become a gigantic project.

i just found an app called kyno which seems to do what i want. So im gonna give that a try.

mrcolor

PostWed Feb 26, 2020 1:51 pm

Hi Rick,

CatDV Desktop from Squarebox certainly does what you want. I'm not allowed to post URLs so you need to Websearch for it. Let me know via PM if you need any more infos.

Best
Michael

Return to Post Production