ATEM Mini No Video from HDMI Splitter - Audio Comes Through

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

pyromike25

ATEM Mini No Video from HDMI Splitter - Audio Comes Through

PostWed Feb 12, 2020 9:14 pm

We recently purchased the ATEM Mini for our college to live stream with. We have a room setup with an HD camera (one more on the way) and Two TV's and a Projector for in room use. I have installed a 1x4 HDMI splitter to send the Teacher's computer video/audio to the TVs, Projector and ATEM Mini simultaneously. The camera is being sent directly to the ATEM. Camera video is coming through just fine. However, the Teacher Computer send through that 1x4 HDMI splitter only shows Black, but audio comes through on the ATEM. The TVs and Projector all get video and audio fine through the splitter. I can plug in to the HDMI cable bypassing the splitter and video and audio come through, but as soon as I add the splitter to the mix the ATEM refuses to show video. I've tried multiple splitters of differing brands and of differing sizes (1x2 and 1x4) and still no video. Please help. We need to be able to put the Teacher's computer feed both audio and video into our recording/streaming. (NOTE: outputting from the ATEM Mini via USB-C captured by Mac mini running OBS)

nickwalkr

Re: ATEM Mini No Video from HDMI Splitter - Audio Comes Thro

PostThu Feb 13, 2020 3:00 am

I had a similar problem, have you tried using a different input to the ATEM mini? If you don’t get video through input 1 try input 2 on the switcher. Apparently input 1 has different YUV/RGB color spaces than inputs 2-4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alain Bourassa

PostThu Feb 13, 2020 8:25 pm

is the teacher's computer a mac laptop ?

if the answer is yes the problem is the mac itself and its stupid HDCP control
it's not the ATEM that refuses to show video, it would be the mac that refuses to output it

pyromike25

PostFri Feb 14, 2020 12:36 pm

nickwalkr wrote:I had a similar problem, have you tried using a different input to the ATEM mini? If you don’t get video through input 1 try input 2 on the switcher. Apparently input 1 has different YUV/RGB color spaces than inputs 2-4.

That fixed it! :o That seems like an odd issue. Why do the inputs on the switcher have to be different like that? Oh well...Thanks Nick!

Return to Live Production