Announcing Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Christine Peterson

Announcing Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 5:02 pm

Blackmagic Design today announced Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera, a beautifully designed, pocket sized digital cinema camera that includes powerful features such as Super 16mm sized 1080HD sensor, super wide 13 stops of dynamic range, built in SD card recorder for Apple ProRes, lossless compressed CinemaDNG RAW capture and active Micro Four Thirds lens mount, all in an attractive compact design for only US$995.

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera will be demonstrated on the Blackmagic Design NAB 2013 booth at #SL218.

To learn more, please visit: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/press/p ... seID=38108
Christine Peterson

(Previously Community Relations Manager for Blackmagic Design)

MarkUnderkofler

Re: Announcing Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 6:14 pm

Man it would set the world on fire if this camera had a GLOBAL shutter, however I don't see anything saying what kind of shutter it uses, so I'm assuming a rolling shutter?

christian.himmelstrand

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 6:52 pm

This is amazing!
This is what I have been waiting for.

But I have one question that I need to know before ordering.

Can I use Canon EF or EF-S lenses with an adapter on the Pocket camera?
I have Canon camera gear and lenses and I´m not interested to buy new set of MFT lenses.

Trevor Zuck

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 7:08 pm

wildhorsesfilm wrote:Man it would set the world on fire if this camera had a GLOBAL shutter, however I don't see anything saying what kind of shutter it uses, so I'm assuming a rolling shutter?

Same sensor as the original Cinema Camera
- TZ

Visual FX and Post Production Artist
Screenscape Studios

Diesel Pfingsten

FRAME RATES?

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 11:32 pm

WHAT?! No higher frame rates? Not even 60fps? Come on now. Don't get me wrong, you all are killing it and in one fell swoop today, you've changed the game completely (again). But NO higher frame rates? That is a head scratcher, right there! It makes no sense whatsoever. When you update to higher frame rates, you'll wipe RED right off the map.
Diesel Pfingsten
Founder, Film Cartel LA
C: 310.430.8813
E: diesel_film@me.com
FB: facebook.com/FilmCartelLA

featherodd

PostTue Apr 09, 2013 12:03 am

This is truly an incredible announcement.

Does anyone know if Blackmagic is or will be taking preorders for this new camera? Or if there is a list that will notify them when preorders are available?

wildhorsesfilm: Blackmagic also just announced a 4K Cinema Camera with Global Shutter that is 16 times cheaper than the Sony F65, which is one of the only other 4K cameras I'm aware of with Global Shutter

diesel_film: agreed. it is that shame that it will not shoot 60fps, especially for action or ariel shots, but considering this is truly the first cinema camera in a mirrorless style NEX like body able to shoot 220Mpbs ProRes footage with a matched sensor and a dynamic range equal to or better than a DSLR, it's hard to nit pick. Especially considering included pro level level features like a clean HDMI output, LANC control and jacks for both headphone monitoring and an external mic input, which I assume won't be plagued with the the despicable AGC found on Canon DSLRs. These things considered, this is an incredible announcement.

Graham Parker

PostTue Apr 09, 2013 4:14 am

B&H are certainly taking pre-orders, I just placed an order myself. RAW video will make a great addition to my timelapse films.

Yes I agree with posts here that it's a shame it doesn't do slow motion, or at least 60fps, but everything comes at a price. Even 60fps would require double the bandwidth through chips, and even CF cards aren't up to that speed yet. So you'd need an SSD drive, which bumps up the cost and requires a much bigger physical size.

I'm sure in a few years time we'll have very affordable 4K slow motion cameras with global shutters, but in the meantime, to have this for under $1,000 is incredible.

I do wonder what speed SD card you need for RAW though? No more than 90 MB/s we would hope ;)
http://levelup.geek.nz/ - Rental Gear for New Zealand

chucksav

PostTue Apr 09, 2013 4:53 am

Fantastic! Any specs on sensitivity, low light performance?

Graham Parker

PostTue Apr 09, 2013 6:56 am

I'd expect low light performance to be very good, but it's hard to tell without one more spec being announced; pixel micron size.

If it's a genuine 1920 x 1080 sensor then the individual pixels would actually be about the same size as those on a full 35mm frame 20 megapixel sensor, or many times bigger than those on a 4/3 sensor! If that's the case, it will have fantastic low light performance. That was in fact the case with last year's 2.5k cinema camera, but this camera uses a completely different sensor.

The sensor size is quite small (leading to a 3x crop factor!) but hopefully the pixels are big. To compare, the sensor (12.48mm x 7.02mm) is roughly:

1/10th the size of a full 35mm frame
1/4th the size of an APS-C frame
1/2 the size of a 4/3 frame

featherodd

PostTue Apr 09, 2013 8:38 am

Unfortunately the extremely high crop factor on the Blackmagic Pocket Camera might be a serious issue for anybody that requires a wide angle focal length, given the current available mFT lenses.

This camera has a Super 16 sensor that's 12.48mm wide. That's around half the width of the APS-C sensor found in most DSLRs. If an APS-C sensor has crop factor of ~1.5x, this Blackmagic Pocket Camera would have a crop factor of ~3x. A 16mm lens with a 3x crop factor would be equivalent to nifty fifty on a full frame camera. You would then need an an 8mm mFT lens to get an focal length equivalent to a 16mm used on an APS-C sensor, unfortunately the middle quarter of an 8mm fisheye would have serious distortion. The 12mm M.Zeiko is one of the only lenses I can think of that might work as a wide angle on Blackmagic's new Pocket Camera since it would be close to 24mm APS-C or 35mm Full Frame while having fairly low distortion.

For a moment, Blackmagic's Pocket Cinema Camera looked to be the ultimate camera for ariel cinematography from a multicopter. So unfortunate that is has a sensor completely mismatched to the lens system that's employed with regards to viable wide angle lenses :cry:

Hopefully someone will tell me that I'm way off base here.

Edit: I forgot about c-mount lenses and how perfectly matched they should be to this sensor. I retract my previous concerns for lack of wide angle lesnes. C-mount options should cover this nicely. This camera looks incredible.
Last edited by featherodd on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Graham Parker

PostTue Apr 09, 2013 10:41 am

Extreme crop indeed. I put this together from http://www.abelcine.com/fov/ showing the crops compared to a normal 17mm lens on a full frame DSLR. The pocket cinema camera is on the left, the 2.5k model in the middle and the upcoming 4k model on the right.

featherodd

PostTue Apr 09, 2013 10:51 am

Nice. I did something similar to and try and gauge the visible distortion in the cropped area of what might actually constitue a "wide" angle lenses for this camera. Does not look promising.

Please note: these are simply mockups, not actual sample shots from the BMPCC
Attachments
Rokinon-7.5mm-f3.5-Blackmagic-Pocket-Camera.jpg
Rokinon-7.5mm-f3.5-Blackmagic-Pocket-Camera.jpg (217.54 KiB) Viewed 41655 times
Rokinon-7.5mm-f3.5-Panasonic-Gh2.jpg
Rokinon-7.5mm-f3.5-Panasonic-Gh2.jpg (235.98 KiB) Viewed 41655 times

featherodd

PostTue Apr 09, 2013 10:55 am

Here's another mockup test..

Again, these are only mockups, not actual sample images from the BMPCC
Attachments
M.Zuiko-12mm-f2.0-Blackmagic-Pocket-Camera.jpg
M.Zuiko-12mm-f2.0-Blackmagic-Pocket-Camera.jpg (236.86 KiB) Viewed 41655 times
M.Zuiko-12mm-f2.0-Olympus-PEN-E-P3.jpg
M.Zuiko-12mm-f2.0-Olympus-PEN-E-P3.jpg (236.78 KiB) Viewed 41655 times

Gregory Mandry

PostTue Apr 09, 2013 11:03 am

Does anyone know of an adapter for a 3/4 ENG lens that may work with this camera? I am guessing It would need to be a powered adapter as I doubt the camera would power the lens? Only I have some pretty useful ENG Canon and Fujinon Lenses looking for a new lease of life and a possible use for a fleet of these cameras?

joe1946

PostWed Apr 10, 2013 1:27 am

I guess my 25mm F0.95 Nokton would have a 75mm full frame eqiv FOV. I have a 12.5mm F1.3 C-mount lens with MFT adapter so that might work. The 7-14mm F4 Panasonic would be a 21-42mm FF eqiv.

Christine Peterson

PostWed Apr 10, 2013 4:24 pm

wildhorsesfilm wrote:Man it would set the world on fire if this camera had a GLOBAL shutter, however I don't see anything saying what kind of shutter it uses, so I'm assuming a rolling shutter?

Not global on this one. Global shutter on the 4K camera.
Christine Peterson

Christine Peterson

PostWed Apr 10, 2013 4:25 pm

featherodd wrote:Does anyone know if Blackmagic is or will be taking preorders for this new camera? Or if there is a list that will notify them when preorders are available?

We don't sell any of our products directly. I know that some resellers are already taking preorders. You can find a reseller in your area in the "Reseller" section of our website.
Christine Peterson

christian.himmelstrand

PostWed Apr 10, 2013 4:40 pm

How about the adapter for Canon Eos lenses?
Is it possible to use EF or Ef-S lenses on the Pocket Cam?

C.G. Fell

Questions

PostFri Apr 12, 2013 7:34 pm

Can I switch easily between still and video mode?
Avid DnxHD planned and what's stopping you, licensing?
How about splash and dust resistance?

Richard Brown

PostFri Apr 12, 2013 9:28 pm

I just returned from my storage with a heavy box of 16mm stuff, have a Micro 4/3 to C-Mount adapter shipping, and can't wait to test the lot on my B&H pre-ordered Pocket Cinema Camera. So glad having not chucked all that gear. I have some good, old superspeeds, Zeiss/Angenieux zooms, and some exotic oddballs from the days of my filmmaking, flatbed and Model 20 editing yesteryear. I beat the offerings on Ebay, which I gazed upon earlier today. Super 16 lenses will deliver the pantheon of wide angle to telephoto so many whine about concerning this new camera. You just have to be olde enough to have them in stock. Olde? The potential of this camera makes you feel young again. I'm even dusting off my jibs and sliders, as a hankering to produce has returned.

From B&H I also ordered the rather expensive MTF Services Ltd. Nikkor (all types, aperture ring or not) to Micro 4/3 adapter, and cannot wait to check the enhanced telephoto effects my fast supertelephotos will offer. Big fluid head for the stability. Finally, I will have a decent source for the HyperDeck Shuttle, now there's a Crucial 960GB SSD for under $600. That's quite a few hundreds of minutes of ProRes HQ 422 10 bit at film log color space. My olde Panavision 12 volt battery boxes will have a new life too, feeding this stuff.

I just have to finish my DIT box, which will have Davinci Running to a Sony High Color OLED Production Monitor, massive Thunderbolt storage and replication, and offline editorial. All in a big old Panavision camera box on wheels. We plan on having a digital equivalent of a lab's adjusted, so called "one light" via stored setups, and will likely send editable stuff to my edit bays from the field.

As to ProRes HQ 1080p, I have had the occasion to use it for 3D and did make a 3D DCP of it and had it projected in a digital 3D theater. It was stunning without any "sparkly" bit error issues, which was the problem with RED's codec in the past, though I think they've worked that out by now. 1080p digitally projected has been seriously tested against 35mm release print. Digital won in overall quality. Lab generations to the point of standard wide release printing just can't match the near to master quality of projected digital in terms of useful resolution and quality.

As to DNxHD, I can live without it with ProRes HQ and compressed RAW (when it's available) to ProRes 4444 (provided by DaVinci.) Avid standards are too closed minded, like the company, which proved less than agile once Final Cut arrived. Final Cut X muddied the waters, but is finally getting close to being a good solution these days, if only for the independents. For some things, it shaves DAYS off a Final Cut 7 schedule, as in, a once tough, 4 day edit in 7 is a breezy one day edit in X.
All Things Behind the Camera are my Art,
Baking and Making Dessert, my Passion.

Alejandrodmz

PostSun Apr 14, 2013 9:46 am

I just ordered mine thru b&h, is July 25th the set date for shipping?? And will there be some pocket cinema sample footage on your main page? Chose this cam over the Sony a77. Having a difficult time choosing the perfect first lens for it. Recommendations please. Thanks :D

adamroberts

PostSun Apr 14, 2013 12:07 pm

PhotoArtsLA wrote:I just returned from my storage with a heavy box of 16mm stuff, have a Micro 4/3 to C-Mount adapter shipping, and can't wait to test the lot on my B&H pre-ordered Pocket Cinema Camera. So glad having not chucked all that gear. I have some good, old superspeeds, Zeiss/Angenieux zooms, and some exotic oddballs from the days of my filmmaking, flatbed and Model 20 editing yesteryear. I beat the offerings on Ebay, which I gazed upon earlier today. Super 16 lenses will deliver the pantheon of wide angle to telephoto so many whine about concerning this new camera. You just have to be olde enough to have them in stock. Olde? The potential of this camera makes you feel young again. I'm even dusting off my jibs and sliders, as a hankering to produce has returned.

I wish I had old Superspeeds in my storage. :-)

It's gonna be great seeing some classic glass brought back to life.

MarcusWolschon

PostSun Apr 14, 2013 7:12 pm

Preordered mine.
This will be great. Using all my existing mFT lenses and getting 13 stops.
For low light I'll compare with and probably have to keep the GH2+GH1.
The 12V for power+charging the battery is so cool since I have 12V/9V+2x5V(USB) on my battery pack.
So I can charge the camera on the shoulder rig and it will be fully charged when I take it off the quick release to go handheld.

LANC:
Does anyone know what commands the camera supports and that notifications it sends?
I'm planning to program an Atmel to speak the (already reverse engeneered) serial protocol of the Zoom H4n and either start the audio recording when the camera starts or start camera and audio in sync.
Could also be cool do so this by radio and control it as a remote B-camera including focus
or to have controls for start/stop, focus, aperture on the grip of my shoulder rig or steadycam.

DNG:
I hope the lossless compressed DNG format still works with Adobe Lightroom because Resolve doesn't run on my Macbook (13" intel graphic because it needs to fit the tiny tables in highspeed trains).
=> aparently yes

Physical dimensions:
Does anyone have CAD drawings or detailed meassurements?
I'm thinking of designing and CNC machining/3D printing some rigging parts. (form-fitting cage for mounting and protection, custom mounts originally designed for GoPros,...)
May make it a short run and sell some to interested parties.

Battery:
What nikon battery is the one used by this camera?
=>Aparently a "Nikon EN-EL20".
=>29-35eur. 50eur in your next door electronics shop., <13eur for remakes.
=>13eur for a charger.
=>7,4V, 1020mAh=>7,5Wh

Autofocus:
Can anyone confirm that the camera has a 1:1 crop and peaking for manual focusing but no autofocus whatsoever?
Last edited by MarcusWolschon on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

philg31

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 3:19 am

I really like what you guys and girls are doing at Black magic,
your cam is well priced and has all the features I will need.
The crop factor for me is the deal breaker though,around 3x (full frame) it is to much for me.

I`m sure this camera will appeal to many people,and will be a great success.

Keep the good gear coming BM,I`ll be keenly watching what else you come up with. :ugeek:

MarcusWolschon

PostTue Apr 16, 2013 8:04 pm

Made a first draft of the cage I'm planning to do for the Pocket Cinema Camera (not only for mounting points but also to protect the camera when used as an action- or crash cam. It's cheap, small and lightweight after all despite the limited fps range.

Couldn't find detailed dimensions to plan for aluminum stock and tools.

https://plus.google.com/103982631119479 ... 4rogNJuCFW

The attachment Cage_front.png is no longer available

Cage_front.png
Cage_front.png (44.2 KiB) Viewed 42532 times

and boarded up with some wood using additional mounting holes for this purpose.
(Works for front, back=display and side=cables using angles connectors)
Cage_back.png
Cage_back.png (51.01 KiB) Viewed 42532 times

Update: Found a terrible flaw when testing a wooden prototype.
No space for your hand >below< the camera in the hand-hole on the right.
Attachments
Cage_boardedup_front.png
Cage_boardedup_front.png (41.09 KiB) Viewed 42532 times
Last edited by MarcusWolschon on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rippie

PostWed Apr 17, 2013 12:26 am

Hi,
I'm a production sound mixer, but as soon as these were announced I pre-ordered both
the 4K and the pocket camera.
This might sound like a silly request and other than on this forum I'm not sure where to post it
but is there any possibility of making the pocket camera able to take STILL photos?

I currently own a GH2 and will be getting rid of it when the pocket cam arrives but that leaves
me without any decent still photo solution that I can use my prime lenses on.

I think a lot of people would find this helpful, even to take quick reference pictures for whoever on set...
etc.

I'd love to hear either way if this is feasible or impossible and why.

Thanks so much!
-Chris

Christine Peterson

PostWed Apr 17, 2013 2:51 pm

Rippie wrote:Hi,
I'm a production sound mixer, but as soon as these were announced I pre-ordered both
the 4K and the pocket camera.
This might sound like a silly request and other than on this forum I'm not sure where to post it
but is there any possibility of making the pocket camera able to take STILL photos?

I currently own a GH2 and will be getting rid of it when the pocket cam arrives but that leaves
me without any decent still photo solution that I can use my prime lenses on.

I think a lot of people would find this helpful, even to take quick reference pictures for whoever on set...
etc.

I'd love to hear either way if this is feasible or impossible and why.

Thanks so much!
-Chris

The Pocket Cinema Camera does not take still photos, sorry!
Christine Peterson

MarcusWolschon

PostWed Apr 17, 2013 4:20 pm

Anything about more detailed physical dimensions and the LANC support, to develop accessories and have them ready, when the camera ships?

axiom

PostWed Apr 17, 2013 10:38 pm

I'd like the BMPCC to have at least one programmable dial, say for aperture control and or focusing, simply because buttons aren't the funniest things to hit and there are mFT lenses with no aperture ring and focus ring.

MarcusWolschon

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 4:52 am

axiom wrote:I'd like the BMPCC to have at least one programmable dial, say for aperture control and or focusing, simply because buttons aren't the funniest things to hit and there are mFT lenses with no aperture ring and focus ring.

Aperture yes but what mFT lenses are there without a focus ring?

BenjaminChan

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 2:55 pm

Fantastic looking camera and technology ! Seems like it possesses really great features...

I'm wondering if there are any plans to post Black Magic Pocket Cinema Camera footage online before the announced delivery date in July... Footage to view, compare and / or download would really be helpful in evaluating the camera's produced images... It's sort of essential I believe... I looked everywhere on the Web and no signs of footage whatsoever...

Also, I was wondering if there was any chance of a firmware update that would enable onscreen audio meters whilst recording ? That would really be an important element for the camera to truly work on it's own (like for a one-man crew on a doc, for example).

Thanks for anyone's help and info.

Christine Peterson

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 3:01 pm

BenjaminChan wrote:Fantastic looking camera and technology ! Seems like it possesses really great features...

I'm wondering if there are any plans to post Black Magic Pocket Cinema Camera footage online before the announced delivery date in July... Footage to view, compare and / or download would really be helpful in evaluating the camera's produced images... It's sort of essential I believe... I looked everywhere on the Web and no signs of footage whatsoever...

Also, I was wondering if there was any chance of a firmware update that would enable onscreen audio meters whilst recording ? That would really be an important element for the camera to truly work on it's own (like for a one-man crew on a doc, for example).

Thank you! We don't have any footage to share yet, but I'm sure there will be footage online prior to shipping.
Christine Peterson

BenjaminChan

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 3:11 pm

Christine Peterson wrote:
BenjaminChan wrote:Fantastic looking camera and technology ! Seems like it possesses really great features...

Thank you! We don't have any footage to share yet, but I'm sure there will be footage online prior to shipping.

Thanks for your quick reply ! Really appreciated... And how could one be informed when Pocket Camera footage does come out ?

Christine Peterson

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 3:16 pm

BenjaminChan wrote:
Christine Peterson wrote:

Thanks for your quick reply ! Really appreciated... And how could one be informed when Pocket Camera footage does come out ?

We don't really have an official notification system, but it will definitely be posted to the Cinematography forum. Possibly as a sticky thread.
Christine Peterson

MarcusWolschon

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 4:29 pm

It doesn't already show audio levels, clipping or a warning if the audio is silent?

BenjaminChan

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 4:44 pm

MarcusWolschon wrote:It doesn't already show audio levels, clipping or a warning if the audio is silent?

This is what I read from EOSHD.com :

"A new Super 16mm CMOS sensor should help avoid supply issues – it isn’t the same chip as the trouble BMCC used. Camera seems well advanced in development though a few basic things like audio-meters still missing."

Full article : http://www.eoshd.com/content/10063/maki ... ema-camera

MarcusWolschon

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 7:25 pm

Any issue tracking system where you could vote for the feature-ticket describing the addition of this feature?

axiom

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 10:10 pm

axiom wrote:I'd like the BMPCC to have at least one programmable dial, say for aperture control and or focusing, simply because buttons aren't the funniest things to hit and there are mFT lenses with no aperture ring and focus ring.

In fact, it would be better if the on/off switch is a lever instead of a button.

michibase

PostSat Apr 20, 2013 10:54 am

Is there the chance that this camera will be available with 50 frames as well?

generalesoo

PostTue Apr 23, 2013 8:49 pm

michibase wrote:Is there the chance that this camera will be available with 50 frames as well?

According to Blackmagic at NAB 2013, it would be impossible due to sensor overheat issue. However they promise a true super 16 digital film look out of pocket camera with raw CinemaDNG files at 27.5 MB/s.

I can't wait to see any samples out of this exciting camera.

generalesoo

PostThu Apr 25, 2013 4:31 pm

generalesoo wrote:
michibase wrote:Is there the chance that this camera will be available with 50 frames as well?

According to Blackmagic at NAB 2013, it would be impossible due to sensor overheat issue. However they promise a true super 16 digital film look out of pocket camera with raw CinemaDNG files at 27.5 MB/s.

Check out the first footage out of "Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera":

michibase

PostSun Apr 28, 2013 6:49 pm

generalesoo wrote:
generalesoo wrote:

Check out the first footage out of "Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera":

I was just asking to see if the camera is usable for sport action footage. We use cameras for wingsuit filming and this would be an ideal camera for high quality footage. But because everthing in our sport goes really, really fast, high frame rates are needed.

Putin Xyj

PostWed May 15, 2013 3:47 am

What I'm really looking forward to is future MFT Blackmagic camera with global shutter.
(I hope it will be very near future)
:)

LineCamSystems

PostFri May 17, 2013 12:03 am

We are in the market for a new camera for LineCam Productions. Not always, but we often shoot action sports or activities with quick and fast movement. I have a couple questions about the new Black Magic Pocket Cinema Camera. Is it capable of autofocusing, if not will it be made available in the future? Will wireless remote control ever be an option for the BMPCC?
Thank You, we look forward to your response.

Nick Braun
Owner / R&D
LineCam Systems LLC
LineCam Productions
LineCam Systems® is the leading innovator in cable-assisted media capture. We design and manufacture state of the art video and photo equipment that is compact, lightweight and portable.

Chiproy

PostSun May 19, 2013 4:19 am

60p, 60p, 60p... Please. This is exactly the camera I need, but we have to be able to retime from 60p. Pretty please. I'll buy at least two.

Mac Jaeger

PostSun May 19, 2013 10:06 am

According to other postings, 60p isn't possible due to heat issues - in other words: the camera is too compact to work this fast... That's a shame, there's much to gain from 48/50/60p recording.

Iain Philpott

PostWed Jun 26, 2013 11:34 am

Just heard a very bad rumour from Cinema 5D that delivery date has possibly been pushed back to the earliest end of August?

Blackmagic please advise if this is true and if so why?

tecwmn

PostWed Jun 26, 2013 8:56 pm

Can anyone recommend a comparable alternative camera? We were planning to use this for a major event in July for our company.

As much as I would love to hold out for this camera, we cannot wait until August with our project timelines.

Thanks for any recommendations!

MarcusWolschon

PostWed Jun 26, 2013 10:07 pm

tecwmn wrote:Can anyone recommend a comparable alternative camera? We were planning to use this for a major event in July for our company.

As much as I would love to hold out for this camera, we cannot wait until August with our project timelines.

Thanks for any recommendations!

In need of raw+13 stops dynamic range?
Rent a 2.5K Blackmagic?
An Arri Alexa?

Ryan Jones

PostWed Jun 26, 2013 10:12 pm

Iain Philpott wrote:Just heard a very bad rumour from Cinema 5D that delivery date has possibly been pushed back to the earliest end of August?

Blackmagic please advise if this is true and if so why?

Please check the other threads. BM have confirmed they are on track to ship in July. My dealer has confirmed they're expecting the first shipment in 2-3 weeks.

But remember if its shipping in July there is always every chance you won't get yours till August, depending on shipping times.
Next

Return to Announcements