Announcing Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

tecwmn

Re: Announcing Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera

PostWed Jun 26, 2013 10:33 pm

Ryan Jones wrote:
Iain Philpott wrote:Just heard a very bad rumour from Cinema 5D that delivery date has possibly been pushed back to the earliest end of August?

Blackmagic please advise if this is true and if so why?

Please check the other threads. BM have confirmed they are on track to ship in July. My dealer has confirmed they're expecting the first shipment in 2-3 weeks.

But remember if its shipping in July there is always every chance you won't get yours till August, depending on shipping times.

Thank for the replies. I need the camera in hand for filming on July 16th....or I have to buy something else right now.

Ryan Jones

PostThu Jun 27, 2013 12:52 am

tecwmn wrote:
Ryan Jones wrote:
Iain Philpott wrote:Just heard a very bad rumour from Cinema 5D that delivery date has possibly been pushed back to the earliest end of August?

Blackmagic please advise if this is true and if so why?

Please check the other threads. BM have confirmed they are on track to ship in July. My dealer has confirmed they're expecting the first shipment in 2-3 weeks.

But remember if its shipping in July there is always every chance you won't get yours till August, depending on shipping times.

Thank for the replies. I need the camera in hand for filming on July 16th....or I have to buy something else right now.

If you ordered one, ask your dealer.

If not, no chance.

StefanBastein

PostSun Jun 30, 2013 10:12 am

Ive also ordered the BMPCC but cant find if it also accepts power from plates with Sony L batterys just as the 12v one IKAN designed for the 2,5K BMCC. Anyone found this out already? Got 5's of the NP-F970's.

Ryan Jones

PostSun Jun 30, 2013 9:57 pm

StefanBastein wrote:Ive also ordered the BMPCC but cant find if it also accepts power from plates with Sony L batterys just as the 12v one IKAN designed for the 2,5K BMCC. Anyone found this out already? Got 5's of the NP-F970's.

It has a 12v input so if you've got the right sized adaptor you should be right.

Mac Jaeger

PostMon Jul 01, 2013 10:31 pm

StefanBastein wrote:Ive also ordered the BMPCC but cant find if it also accepts power from plates with Sony L batterys just as the 12v one IKAN designed for the 2,5K BMCC. Anyone found this out already? Got 5's of the NP-F970's.

The specs state that the camera accepts 12V to 20V external power supply, yet the F970s are rated 7.2V only (like most LiIon batteries that size). A lot of 12V devices accept 7.2V as well, like my field monitor, and obviously the camera itself is powered by a 7.2V battery internally anyways. But I would not count on it, and surely not buy any batteries right now... If you already have them, give them a try when you get your camera - i surely will! Running the cam from 6000 mAh instead of meager 1000 mAh will get you about half a day of recording time...

Mac Jaeger

PostMon Jul 01, 2013 10:33 pm

tecwmn wrote:I need the camera in hand for filming on July 16th....or I have to buy something else right now.

Very unlikely!

Vitorio Pagliuso

PostThu Jul 04, 2013 8:13 pm

I read the informations but not cleared to me about de SD cards velocity read/write.
The camera accepts Extreme cards SD HC1 whit 45mb/s read / write ?
Thanks

Ryan Jones

PostThu Jul 04, 2013 10:04 pm

vitpag wrote:I read the informations but not cleared to me about de SD cards velocity read/write.
The camera accepts Extreme cards SD HC1 whit 45mb/s read / write ?
Thanks

Looks like it will but only to record ProRes. If you're recording RAW you'll need the Extreme Pro cards

L5vision

Re: FRAME RATES?

PostThu Jul 04, 2013 11:21 pm

diesel_film wrote:WHAT?! No higher frame rates? Not even 60fps? Come on now. Don't get me wrong, you all are killing it and in one fell swoop today, you've changed the game completely (again). But NO higher frame rates? That is a head scratcher, right there! It makes no sense whatsoever. When you update to higher frame rates, you'll wipe RED right off the map.

Maybe in combination with the pocket camera's lossless RAW there would be enough room to get up to 60fps. Red RAW uses about a 40% as much as my current BMCC 2.5 shooting raw, and they get some nice frame rates there.

Iain Philpott

PostWed Jul 17, 2013 4:00 pm

I received this from CVP (Pro Dealer) in the UK who I ordered from the day the Pocket Camera was announced.

http://blog.creativevideo.co.uk/2013/07/when-will-i-get-my-blackmagic-camera/?utm_source=mailshot&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email

BM - comments please!!!!!

Vitorio Pagliuso

PostWed Jul 17, 2013 5:04 pm

Many thousands of pre-order's clients expect for one good notice, email,letter, smoke-signal about the BMPCC.

Ryan Jones

PostWed Jul 17, 2013 10:33 pm

vitpag wrote:Many thousands of pre-order's clients expect for one good notice, email,letter, smoke-signal about the BMPCC.

Speak to your reseller. Mine is keeping me informed. So should yours.

Owen Parker

PostFri Jul 19, 2013 5:17 pm

Ryan Jones wrote:Speak to your reseller. Mine is keeping me informed. So should yours.

Would you care to share what your reseller has told you?

Mine has had no clear indication from BM as to a shipping date.

Personally, why BM didn't say 3rd Qtr rather than July, is beyond me. At least they'd have given themselves some wiggle room.

Ryan Jones

PostSat Jul 20, 2013 2:01 am

Parky wrote:Would you care to share what your reseller has told you?

Mine has had no clear indication from BM as to a shipping date.

Personally, why BM didn't say 3rd Qtr rather than July, is beyond me. At least they'd have given themselves some wiggle room.

Latest update was 25 July into their distributor, and we should get them a couple of days later.

David Whatley

PostThu Jul 25, 2013 2:04 pm

It's the 25th... the hopefully not-mythical ship date has arrived.

David

Terry Frechette

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Jul 25, 2013 3:00 pm

Morning:

Shipments are expected to start by the end of July.

Terry

KylePopovich

PostThu Jul 25, 2013 3:45 pm

It IS the end of July.
Why give such a vague term as 'End of July' when we are IN the month of July AND near the end of it. Just give us a REAL date.

Ryan Jones

PostThu Jul 25, 2013 10:20 pm

KylePopovich wrote:It IS the end of July.
Why give such a vague term as 'End of July' when we are IN the month of July AND near the end of it. Just give us a REAL date.

Umm... It's July 26. Correct me if I'm wrong but July ends on the 31st, which is Wednesday. That gives them 4 business days. Not particularly vague to limit it down to 4 days is it?

Thanks for the update Terry!

KylePopovich

PostFri Jul 26, 2013 12:36 pm

Ryan Jones wrote:Umm... It's July 26. Correct me if I'm wrong but July ends on the 31st, which is Wednesday. That gives them 4 business days. Not particularly vague to limit it down to 4 days is it?

Hey Ryan, I'm going to give you your paycheck at the end of July. How does that sound?...

Ryan Jones

PostSat Jul 27, 2013 5:21 am

KylePopovich wrote:Hey Ryan, I'm going to give you your paycheck at the end of July. How does that sound?...

Sounds like your issue is with the vagueness of the timeframe given, not the time frame itself.

Coincidentally I will get my pay check at the end of July... The last day to be exact.

kingcama

PostTue Jul 30, 2013 2:19 pm

is it published native iso of the BMCC pocket?

MarcusWolschon

Re: AW: Announcing Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera

PostTue Jul 30, 2013 3:18 pm

Ryan Jones wrote:
Coincidentally I will get my pay check at the end of July... The last day to be exact.

You actually get a slip of paper?
These things are still in use somewhere on this planet?
What 3rd world country is that?

Did anyone get a notification that one of these first cameras was actually shipped?

Gesendet von meinem INO_ONE_PLUS mit Tapatalk 2

Ryan Jones

PostTue Jul 30, 2013 10:32 pm

MarcusWolschon wrote:
Ryan Jones wrote:

You actually get a slip of paper?
These things are still in use somewhere on this planet?
What 3rd world country is that?

Did anyone get a notification that one of these first cameras was actually shipped?

Gesendet von meinem INO_ONE_PLUS mit Tapatalk 2

Well I get a PDF emailed to me, that's the main thing.

BH and a couple of other places have confirmed theirs have shipped, and all of them seem to be keeping their initial unit as a demo/review model.

Ikus77

PostFri Aug 02, 2013 12:49 pm

Hi,
I made a preorder on the BMPCC and send an email to my seller ta have some information on the date of the delivery.
I'm french and the seller is PBS video.
This the answer in french and an approximative traduction :

"Nous vous confirmons que votre commande est dans le 20 premieres enregistrer par notre etablissement sur ce produit.
En revanche BMD ne nous a communiquer aucune date de disponibilité. Les dernières informations "officieuses" nous laissent néanmoins penser que le matériel n a pas encore été mis en production et qu il serait assez illusoire d envisager les premières livraisons avant la fin septembre."

It said that i am in the 20 fist in the list of shipment of PBS.
And the last information they have (but it is not official) let's them think that the material is not yet in production and first shipments in europ not will not be made before the end of september.

Putin Xyj

PostWed Aug 07, 2013 3:41 am

I just would love to see the next MFT Blackmagic camera with something closer to Hasselblad H4D design, made in aluminium, 2-4K, and most importantly with global shutter. And if Olympus would contribute 5-Axis Stabilisation system, it would be the best camera on the market for many years.

Iain Philpott

PostWed Aug 07, 2013 7:58 pm

I'm being told by CVP (UK) 14th August? Fingers crossed!

Sean Pfeiffer

PostThu Aug 08, 2013 11:15 am

Iain Philpott wrote:I'm being told by CVP (UK) 14th August? Fingers crossed!

August 14th for what? Mass shipment? Their first camera arriving in stock?
Sean Pfeiffer

Iain Philpott

PostFri Aug 09, 2013 10:25 am

Whirled_Peas wrote:
Iain Philpott wrote:I'm being told by CVP (UK) 14th August? Fingers crossed!

August 14th for what? Mass shipment? Their first camera arriving in stock?

The first cameras being sent from them (CVP) out to customers.

Sean Pfeiffer

PostFri Aug 09, 2013 6:36 pm

Ah, ok. That seems to be in keeping with the Viewfactor expected ship date for their Pocket Cam cage.
Sean Pfeiffer

sonu2c

PostSat Aug 10, 2013 6:27 am

Can i Order this Camera now? How long will it take to get to me? or is it too late? i would i have to wait another year or 2 ?

Terry Frechette

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Aug 12, 2013 1:52 pm

Good morning:

The Pocket Cinema Camera is shipping now and you can order it from one of our resellers now. I would suggest going to this page and checking for a reseller near your location and contacting them.

http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/resellers

Regards,
Terry

rsylianteng

PostTue Aug 13, 2013 12:27 am

I made a pre-order subject to my certain-and-immediate payment by credit card, for one (1) unit of BMPCC 1K, with my preferred seller,

Tommy Mack
Senior Account Executive
evs: www.evsonline.com
1819 Victory Blvd.
Glendale, CA 91201
800.238.8480 f.818.552.4591
Description: Description: EVS-horizontal-Color-Video-Sales-Rentals-Studios-for-White-Backgrounds-V
ShopRentShoot...

Can you please include evsonline.com them in your list of authorized re-seller?

Or are you seriously restricting your supply to the names listed in your website?

Thanks for your reply,
Roberto Sylianteng

brooksmoore

PostWed Aug 14, 2013 6:53 pm

I got mine today :D

Nick Colombini

PostWed Aug 14, 2013 8:30 pm

brooksmoore wrote:I got mine today :D

When and where did you order from? Is this a unit for review or retail? Thanks!

Owen Parker

PostWed Aug 14, 2013 9:22 pm

Come on Guys, be a bit more descriptive. Where are you and who supplied and when did you place your order. That way your posting is a helpful yardstick to others.
Otherwise got mine 'smiley face' seems a bit smug

woodyherman

PostWed Aug 14, 2013 10:20 pm

When a product misses the release date I can understand if given a reasonable excuse.
I had cameras on order from Sony two years ago and they had to deal with flooding at their factory site, in fact it impacted the entire industry.
Sony kept me up to date not only on the enterprise market but also on a personal order for a new DSLR.

Blackmagic is creating products with such innovation they create an intial core of buyers who purchase the pre-order as they want to experiment and see if this is the good tool for a tremendous price .

So as I check I see their is no information other than it is shipping. So is it on a ship in the ocean right now? are they packing the boxes at the factory in the shipping dept? I know the retailers receive a Demo and they will receive their initial allocation from the factory, and since many of the companies I buy from will do an un-boxing video I am sure as of today they still do not have the units.

Man up as a company and tell your core group of potential long term customers where the cameras are at today.

Thank you,

Buy from Samys', B&H, Adorama, Markertek, and none are shipping the camera

sonu2c

PostTue Aug 20, 2013 9:21 am

yes be more descriptive please I looked everywhere nobody has it in stock , or some didn't even get it yet here in Canada , So whats going on , can anybody from BLACKMAGIC can give us little more SPecific Information ,like how long we have to wait if we order now?

Iain Philpott

PostTue Aug 20, 2013 9:58 am

CVP (retailer in the UK) now saying nothing arrived on the 14th August but they are expecting their first batch at the end of the month.

I hope I not still reporting this at Christmas......

sonu2c

PostWed Aug 28, 2013 7:45 pm

In Canada Now they are saying End of Sept.

Iain Philpott

PostTue Sep 03, 2013 1:40 pm

Now feeling thoroughly depressed. CVP in London telling me I'm under 25th (I ordered the day of announcement) in the queue with them but probably not likely to see my camera till November :cry:

Have to say this is turning into another debacle like the Cinema Camera. Why do manufacturers over promise and under deliver. BM would have known months ago that these supply problems existed but no they continued to just move the shipping dates back a couple of weeks at a time. Yes I know it looks to be a great product but seriously it does nothing for customer relations when you treat customers like this when you could have been more transparent in sharing the knowledge of the real delivery times that you must have been aware of. Surely it's time for an honest update on production because there will be people out there who may wait at least 18 months for this camera if they were late ordering.

Rob Foulkes

PostTue Sep 03, 2013 6:56 pm

Iain Philpott wrote:Now feeling thoroughly depressed...

Cheer up Iain, BMD may surprise us all and you'll get one mid September! On the other hand, it would make a nice Christmas present....

Rob

The SHELK

PostSun Sep 08, 2013 12:32 am

Is it even worth pre-ordering this late in the game??

I really want to order but have no clue what store might be the best to get in line.

I also don't want to order still have to wait until 2014.

B&H must have a list a mile long of pre-orders (as does everyone else).

where to order?

:geek:

MMedia

PostSun Sep 08, 2013 12:43 am

The SHELK wrote:Is it even worth pre-ordering this late in the game??

I really want to order but have no clue what store might be the best to get in line.

I also don't want to order still have to wait until 2014.

B&H must have a list a mile long of pre-orders (as does everyone else).

where to order?

:geek:

Just pre order asap or you will never get one. If its a refundable deposit, order at a few stores and buy the first offered and cancel the others. Try small official sellers.

I ordered as soon as the order page went live and got mine 2nd Sept.

The SHELK

PostSun Sep 08, 2013 1:29 am

Good Call... you are correct. I do want it.

I just ordered it...

fingers crossed BM hast them in mass production mode soon!

antoine.pai@ieseg.fr

PostMon Sep 09, 2013 3:14 pm

Can BMD's PR do an official statement about BMPCC shipping status about the current situation? Even they are some bad news, delays or what so ever, it is ALWAYS better to have transparent relationship between a company and its customer. Keeping silent is the worst for your customer and your brand image.

Thank you in advance.

Tatum

PostThu Sep 12, 2013 8:35 am

It's true, some transparency could be welcome...

On the website nextway.ch, it's written "delivery in Spetember"...

With this absence of communication, we can be pretty sure that what we should understand is "maybe before the end of the year".

Try to remember that we have Christmas at the end of the year...

Tatum

PostThu Sep 12, 2013 9:38 am

Oups they just chang ethe release date : not before october 2013... :roll:

antoine.pai@ieseg.fr

PostThu Sep 12, 2013 3:49 pm

Tatum wrote:Oups they just chang ethe release date : not before october 2013... :roll:

Where did you saw this update ?

Tatum

PostTue Sep 17, 2013 8:20 am

Well, on

nextway . ch/accessoires-video-divers/blackmagic-pocket-cinema-camera-p-19340.html

The release date was September at the beginning of the month. And 6-7 days ago they changed it to October. Nice.

Raskull

PostWed Sep 25, 2013 5:18 pm

I ordered mine from B&H in early June. A late pre-order, I know. But we are now going on 2-3 months past the release date. I get an email from B&H every couple weeks or so telling me they don't have my unit in stock, blah, blah. Not blaming B&H at all.

I had no experience with Blackmagic other than an HDMI switcher I bought, and got the PocketCam as a way to test the company. I was ultimately interested in getting the 4k, but wanted to play with something a bit cheaper first. This experience has certainly soured me towards a company. The price point and conveyed image quality sounded too good to be true. Obviously, regardless of the camera's ultimate quality, it was too good to be true. It doesn't matter what kind of camera they send if they can't provide it in a timely manner. If I would have bought their first Cinema Cam and got it as late as some people did, I would have been LIVID to find out they were releasing a 4k version for a mere $1,000 more. Once a week or so I log on to the B&H website to cancel the order, but I always pull back cause I've waited this long.

Frustrating.
PreviousNext

Return to Announcements