Existing field monitors with BMPC?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Taz Goldstein

Existing field monitors with BMPC?

PostThu Aug 01, 2013 2:48 am

Sorry for the newbie question, but I'm having trouble following the whole 6G SDI thing. Will I be able to use my Marshall HD SDI or 3G SDI field monitors with the 4K production camera?

Thanks very much!

-Taz
Taz Goldstein
Spinning Plates spinningplatesmovie.com - Now available on home video and digital download
Hand Held Hollywood handheldhollywood.com

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

Re: Existing field monitors with BMPC?

PostThu Aug 01, 2013 4:25 am

Yes, according to posts here by BMD representatives, and the current user manual from BMD's support site, the BMPC-4K is designed to work with conventional 1080 HD-SDI devices and also 4K capable 6G-SDI devices.

Of course, there's always a chance a particular HD-SDI device might not be compatible with the BMPC-4K. We'll have to wait for the cams to ship before we know for sure.

-

Taz Goldstein

Re: Existing field monitors with BMPC?

PostThu Aug 01, 2013 8:35 am

Peter J. DeCrescenzo wrote:Yes, according to posts here by BMD representatives, and the current user manual from BMD's support site, the BMPC-4K is designed to work with conventional 1080 HD-SDI devices and also 4K capable 6G-SDI devices.

Fantastic! Thanks for the speedy response, Peter! Hopefully, things won't change between now and the camera's eventual release.
Taz Goldstein
Spinning Plates spinningplatesmovie.com - Now available on home video and digital download
Hand Held Hollywood handheldhollywood.com

Return to Cinematography