Official new pricing for BMCC

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Julianalles

Official new pricing for BMCC

PostFri Aug 02, 2013 9:38 am

Hello everybody,

just read the email by Grant Petty: BMCC EF and MFT price is now 1995 US$. I find it really irritating that just about a month and a half after its delivery the BMCC MFT price gets reduced by a third. This is really unfair to costumers who have been waiting a long time. How is one suppose to make 1000$ with a camera in just one month and a half?!!! This is not the right way to establish good costumer relations!

Best,

Julian

jasonxinzhou

Re: Official new pricing for BMCC

PostFri Aug 02, 2013 9:54 am

You are right. BMD Chinese dealer also dropped their price.

Jules Bushell

PostFri Aug 02, 2013 10:19 am

The BMC4K has to be really good now to justify it being double the price of the BMCC. Perhaps they'll drop that price too?

Jules
Jules Bushell
url: www.nonmultiplexcinema.com
url: www.filmmeansbusiness.com
url: www.blurtheline.co.uk

magic6435

PostFri Aug 02, 2013 11:41 am

Julian,

Oh please. How is a tool that was worth it to you for 3k a month ago no longer worth it to you now. Are you not shooting with it and enjoying the awesome quality, did you not look at what you wanted to do with it and say "hell yea I'd pay 3 grand to do that"? We also picked our up about 6 weeks ago and all this means is an even better deal for a second camera.

Mac Jaeger

PostFri Aug 02, 2013 11:46 am

Just enjoy the new prices! All the people unsure if to wait for 4k or buy 2.5k right now will like the help in making their decision :)

Jules Bushell

PostFri Aug 02, 2013 12:13 pm

magic6435 wrote:Julian,

Oh please. How is a tool that was worth it to you for 3k a month ago no longer worth it to you now. Are you not shooting with it and enjoying the awesome quality, did you not look at what you wanted to do with it and say "hell yea I'd pay 3 grand to do that"? We also picked our up about 6 weeks ago and all this means is an even better deal for a second camera.

That's the trouble with text only communication, gets lost in translation. Wasn't too long ago the quality of BMCC cost £20k+ (Red One anyone?).

I'm shooting with the BMCC MFT for a month now and don't care about the price drop. It was a cheap camera relatively to begin with.

I generally feel people are so ungrateful for BMCC products considering no one else is doing anything that works in the price range. It's like there is a band of wolves out to scavenge. It's like people don't show any empathy to the hard work that Blackmagic Design does to bring this quality to the masses.

So I for one say WELL DONE BLACKMAGIC AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR REVOLUTIONARY CAMERAS!

But in life there are lots of things I don't understand and accept that.

Jules
Jules Bushell
url: www.nonmultiplexcinema.com
url: www.filmmeansbusiness.com
url: www.blurtheline.co.uk

Peter Poulos

PostFri Aug 02, 2013 7:28 pm

it pisses me off I JUST bought the EF yesterday and am now paying 12 months worth of payments for it and the very next day this comes out...

sean mclennan

PostFri Aug 02, 2013 7:40 pm

Peter917 wrote:it pisses me off I JUST bought the EF yesterday and am now paying 12 months worth of payments for it and the very next day this comes out...

Return it. You either get a refund or store credit wherever you bought it.

most stores will price protect within their return policy timeframe, for situations just like this.

Return to Cinematography